Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarStv
    replied
    I have a 1x12 open back cab with a Cannabis Rex and a 1x12 closed back cab with a V30. They both sound very different The V30 has tightness, sparkle, and mid presence and the C. Rex has a slightly relaxed mids, woody/smoky, mellower sound. But I think they sound much better run together than individually.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Is the 2x12 open back? If closed back, need to make sure the airspace matches what the speakers were designed for to sound right.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz II View Post
    VERY EXCITED.

After more than 15 years, i am getting a 5E3 amp (head) this weekend.
    Seeing that it is a head, i need a cab.
    That made me think.
    What about a 2X12 cab, but with two diff speakers.
    Connect to the one (at a time) for a more traditional vintage tone, and maybe have a diff voiced speaker, say (for arguments sake) an Emi Swamp Thang, or even a Jensen Blackbird in the same cab.
    Two diff speakers for two diff tones/feel. Only one being used at a time.

Has anyone done something like this before ?
    Are you talking about being able to switch on the fly, like a pedal that selects one or the other speaker?

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Blended tones are wonderful. I never use one speaker at a time like you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    sorta. i have a 2x10 that has a jensen p10q and an emi lil buddy. they sound totally different but both cool, they sound great mixed. i have a marshall style back plate so can run either 8ohm speaker by itself or both at 4ohms or 16ohms by flipping a switch

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    started a topic Custom 2 speaker cab question.

Custom 2 speaker cab question.

VERY EXCITED.

After more than 15 years, i am getting a 5E3 amp (head) this weekend.
    Seeing that it is a head, i need a cab.
    That made me think.
    What about a 2X12 cab, but with two diff speakers.
    Connect to the one (at a time) for a more traditional vintage tone, and maybe have a diff voiced speaker, say (for arguments sake) an Emi Swamp Thang, or even a Jensen Blackbird in the same cab.
    Two diff speakers for two diff tones/feel. Only one being used at a time.

Has anyone done something like this before ?

Working...
X