X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    old jensens sure, new... as i said i have a p10q and its a nice speaker, webers are just better all around in my experience
    Fair enough . . . thanks

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    old jensens sure, new... as i said i have a p10q and its a nice speaker, webers are just better all around in my experience

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    a blue sounds great in a 5e3 but it isnt the traditional fender tone if thats what you want. skip the jensen and get a weber if you want the classic fender tone.
    Thanks Jeremy.

Not a fan of Jensen ?

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I'd check out a Weber 12a125a or Jensen P12N . . . or maybe a Celestion Blue.
    Thanks STv

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    a blue sounds great in a 5e3 but it isnt the traditional fender tone if thats what you want. skip the jensen and get a weber if you want the classic fender tone.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz II View Post
    So . . . my other cab related question is :

For that period correct fat, warm, loose low end, mid range focused, 5E3 tone what we all know, what would be the most accurate speaker to get (from currently produced units) ?
    I'd check out a Weber 12a125a or Jensen P12N . . . or maybe a Celestion Blue.

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    So . . . my other cab related question is :

For that period correct fat, warm, loose low end, mid range focused, 5E3 tone what we all know, what would be the most accurate speaker to get (from currently produced units) ?

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    I have a 1x12 open back cab with a Cannabis Rex and a 1x12 closed back cab with a V30. They both sound very different The V30 has tightness, sparkle, and mid presence and the C. Rex has a slightly relaxed mids, woody/smoky, mellower sound.
    But I think they sound much better run together than individually.
    W O W . . . thanks for the heads up mate

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Is the 2x12 open back? If closed back, need to make sure the airspace matches what the speakers were designed for to sound right.
    Currently still in the design process.
    Maybe half is closed and the other an open back ?

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Are you talking about being able to switch on the fly, like a pedal that selects one or the other speaker?
    No . . . just changing between songs . . . not during.

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    sorta. i have a 2x10 that has a jensen p10q and an emi lil buddy. they sound totally different but both cool, they sound great mixed. i have a marshall style back plate so can run either 8ohm speaker by itself or both at 4ohms or 16ohms by flipping a switch
    DAMN . . . that sounds even better !!!

Thanks . . . gotta see how a Marshall style back plate looks like.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied

I haven't swapped them, but the open back cab originally had a V30 in it . . . and it definitely sounded different. There was a painful ice-pick in the ear thing going on in the upper mids that was the whole reason I started looking for another speaker. Doesn't happen at all with the v30 in the closed back cab. :P
    Yeah V30 was kind of designed for Marshall closed-back cabs.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Have you ever swapped those speakers between the same 2 cabs? I'd be willing to bet some of the tightness is the closed back, and some of the relaxed mids and woody/smoky sound is the open back.
    I haven't swapped them, but the open back cab originally had a V30 in it . . . and it definitely sounded different. There was a painful ice-pick in the ear thing going on in the upper mids that was the whole reason I started looking for another speaker. Doesn't happen at all with the v30 in the closed back cab. :P

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    I have a 1x12 open back cab with a Cannabis Rex and a 1x12 closed back cab with a V30. They both sound very different The V30 has tightness, sparkle, and mid presence and the C. Rex has a slightly relaxed mids, woody/smoky, mellower sound. But I think they sound much better run together than individually.
    Have you ever swapped those speakers between the same 2 cabs? I'd be willing to bet some of the tightness is the closed back, and some of the relaxed mids and woody/smoky sound is the open back.

Leave a comment:

• t1r12003
    replied
    I have a 1x12 open back cab with a Cannabis Rex and a 1x12 closed back cab with a V30. They both sound very different The V30 has tightness, sparkle, and mid presence and the C. Rex has a slightly relaxed mids, woody/smoky, mellower sound. But I think they sound much better run together than individually.
    I agree I think you’d be happier in the end and have more variety with 2 separate 1x12 cabs with different speakers to use individually or together.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X