No announcement yet.

Marshall Origin 50h for Metal tones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a used DSL 100h. I also ordered a Contemporary 2x12 from Avatar. I’m excited to hear how it sounds!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdman642 View Post

I don’t have a speaker cab right now. The amp I have is a combo, so while it’s technically a speaker cab, it’s bundled with the head already
      Does the amp have an FX loop?
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdman642 View Post
        I ordered a used DSL 100h. I also ordered a Contemporary 2x12 from Avatar. I’m excited to hear how it sounds!
        I want to hear about the cab. What speakers,ohms,colors,ect.. ?
        Is it the first version of DSL made outside UK?
        Those look the best IMO, even better than the jcm2k. (cosmetically speaking) I really like reso/depth control on those.

Comment

Have a DSL40CR, in the ballpark with the DSL100H and sounds killer into a closed back 2x12. For bedroom the secret for me is to roll off the treble and bump the kids, bass and presence, so it still sounds punchy like a Marshall should. At high volume it's a different story :-)
          I found it's relatively easy to get a very good tone out of any decent amp if I have a great sounding cab and an EQ in the effects loop.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

I want to hear about the cab. What speakers,ohms,colors,ect.. ?
            Is it the first version of DSL made outside UK?
            Those look the best IMO, even better than the jcm2k. (cosmetically speaking) I really like reso/depth control on those.
            I’m not sure the exact year on the amp. I believe it is the first version made outside the UK though. I’ll have to take a closer look when I get home.
            As far as the cab goes, it’s a G212 Contemporary. V30 speakers, 8 ohm. It has black tolex and a black grill cloth. They didn’t really have any customization options I could see for that particular model. I’m waiting on the cab to get here, so I haven’t seen it in person yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianSD View Post
              Have a DSL40CR, in the ballpark with the DSL100H and sounds killer into a closed back 2x12. For bedroom the secret for me is to roll off the treble and bump the kids, bass and presence, so it still sounds punchy like a Marshall should. At high volume it's a different story :-)
              I found it's relatively easy to get a very good tone out of any decent amp if I have a great sounding cab and an EQ in the effects loop.
              I’ll have to try those tricks. I’m excited to try the amp out when all the stuff finally gets here

Comment

...roll off the treble and bump the kids, bass and presence, so it still sounds punchy like a Marshall should...
                I'll have to try bumping the kids, that's a new one.

Comment

I remember an Anderson video (a “Sound Like”) after a new version of the DSL40 came out; Rabea was struggling to hold back what he thought of that vs the previous version.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

I'll have to try bumping the kids, that's a new one.
                    Pretty graphic, yeah. Could have been lids as well, the keys are literally next to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                      I remember an Anderson video (a “Sound Like”) after a new version of the DSL40 came out; Rabea was struggling to hold back what he thought of that vs the previous version.
                      Meaning he didn't like the new version?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                        Could have been partially the speaker to blame.
                        They were t75, then there were some creambacks, and now they've downgraded to 70/80 iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

Meaning he didn't like the new version?
                          Yeah, they went from loving the old version to hating the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

Could have been partially the speaker to blame.
                            They were t75, then there were some creambacks, and now they've downgraded to 70/80 iirc.
                            The old DSL40C came with 70/80, 40CR has the V type which, after I put some hours on it, sounds alright. But I'm mostly playing through a 2x12 and it sounds great at all volumes.

Comment

The old DSL40C came with 70/80, 40CR has the V type which, after I put some hours on it, sounds alright. But I'm mostly playing through a 2x12 and it sounds great at all volumes.
                              I really like mid-powered 112 combos through 212 cabs, plus if you sit the combo on top it puts the knobs at the perfect height.

Comment

Working...
                              X