banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Jet City Amps are back with a vengence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewizard View Post
    The PCB already has all the provisions for the switches and mods. For them, it is a matter of pulling a few dollars more in parts and spending an extra 30min. to install it all. That extra 30min. and few extra bucks in parts are worth almost more money to them than the amp is in stock form. It's all about the upsells. $99 for a transformer upgrade... They are saying that their upgraded transformer is worth $99 more than their stock option. That is 1/6th the price of the amp in standard form. How cheap must the original transformer be?
    Does that mean an enterprising guy might order the cheapest model and then buy his own parts to mod the amp to the fancier spec?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Does that mean an enterprising guy might order the cheapest model and then buy his own parts to mod the amp to the fancier spec?
      That's literally what the Hovercraft amp company is. He just bought Jet City and Peavey heads and modded them to death.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

quite literally, yes.

Comment

Seattle = "Jet City", that's where Soldano was based.

Comment

I have never heard of Seattle as " jet city " for anything other than Boeing's legacy ( my grandmother was one of the first women to work for Boeing as an operations manager ). Although I guess that makes sense to utilize it. I still don't have any understanding of what 333 meant for the Jet City logo?

What's perhaps more odd, is that Mike Soldano is from Canada. He immigrated to Seattle to have a USA shop, so why refer to Seattle? Everyone knows Soldano is located in Seattle by now, so what need is there to highlight another amp company from there? Jet City amps is now headquartered in Boise Idaho. Just questions I have. I never understood their branding logic, they could put Sir Ampsalot on the thing and if it also said designed by Soldano, it would sell. So the 333 and Jet City was always a wonder.

Comment

Jet City- Seattle, USA. Refering to its status as birthplace and industrial capital of the Beoing Co. It is large number of Beoing labs and plants.

Comment

I have owned a couple of the JET City JCA 22 head. One the standard head the other the Custom. Preferred the standard wish I had kept it but my needs changed and I was REALLY pushing the little 20 watt head hard and found a great deal On a nice Mesa .50 cal Plus head ( ANOTHER AMP I SHOULD HAVE KEPT!!). Really like the first one as the crunch was really nice for mid to light breakup and the OD side a really good modded Marshall like liquid solo tone. The Custom had a ok clean but the OD side wasn't the same never really warmed up to it.
                May at some point buy one of the new ones in the Custom 2X ACE that just released today. That head looks REALLY appealing for the $499 price point!
                Last edited by Ascension; 06-02-2021, 09:54 AM.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewizard View Post
                  I have never heard of Seattle as " jet city " for anything other than Boeing's legacy ( my grandmother was one of the first women to work for Boeing as an operations manager ). Although I guess that makes sense to utilize it. I still don't have any understanding of what 333 meant for the Jet City logo?

Comment

I bought a Jet City 50-watt head several years ago and was never thrilled with it. I replaced the grid resistors in the power amp and modded it to take EL34's, which helped a lot but didn't get me where I wanted to be. Then I went all in and modded the preamp to JCM800 specs. Sounds really great, but needs a lot of volume to do it, and the lead channel is way too compressed and flubby sounding, so I never use it. Still pretty nice to get a 2204 for less than $400, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X