Looking for a PA Power Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a PA Power Amp

Any suggestions are welcome I was looking at this Pyle but I am open to any suggestions.

i have two power amps for my pa which i like just fine, a behringer nx4 for the monitors and a qsc for the mains. both are more expensive than what you are looking at but id recommend both if you want more power

Comment

I have seen some QSC in my price range and Berringer is very affordable.

Comment

Some years ago i was looking at the Behringer and Pyle
        the Pyle just seems so inexpeninexpensively made that i find it unbelievable that it will last any amount of time
        i could be wrong

Most of the Behringer stuf i have had is another story

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the Behringer
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Crown. They just work forever.

Comment

Powered Speakers for the win....welcome to 2021.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yeah, I got myself a Crown XLS & that thing is amazing. I'm using it both as a power amp for my home stereo & out into a 4x12 (or pair of them in stereo) with my modelers (using a switcherto switch between home stereo & guitar cabs) ...sounds monstrous.
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Powered Speakers for the win....welcome to 2021.
                Already have nice JBL speakers I am not spend that kind of money on powered speakers.

Comment

I have been a sound guy for 20+ years and work every day with tour-grade systems ( well sans the pandemic anyway ), but I am always understanding of the need to fit things into a budget. I am lucky enough to work with amplifiers that cost $5,000+ each!!! That being said. If you are on the smallest of budgets, the Behringer NX series is extremely hard to beat. In fact, it performs so well, that it competes with amps that cost significantly more. It is the best budget amp you can get. It has great power density, great features, and performs really well.

I would refrain from wasting your time with any Amazon special or Pyle. The numbers on the box are not even close to true. I have seen MANY of the Pyle units burned up simply because they can't do what the nomenclature states and when asked to try, they just fail after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Already have nice JBL speakers I am not spend that kind of money on powered speakers.
                    thats my issue as well. i have a bunch of unpowered but very good sounding speakers. if i was starting over, sure, powered makes sense but im not spending $5k to replace what i already own.

Comment

I have a Crown that has been very good to me. If I were looking for a PA I would at least have to give them a look.
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the feedback on Pyle's durability they are off the list.

Comment

check the behringer nx stuff. the one i have might be more than ya need but maybe not. its 4 channels which is why i love it, like 400w @ 8ohms but im usually running each channel at 4 ohms so im getting about 800w. so if i didnt have another amp, i could run my mains (getting 1600w at 2 ohms) off one channel, two monitor mixes, and use the last channel to power the subs. there are dsp models as well if you wanted something more than just power

Comment

Another vote for Crown. I have the Musicians Friend X-1000. (Rebadged XLi-800.)

Comment

Working...
                            X