Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securb
    replied
    Keep in mind I am not the singer for this band. He was lucky the bass player had a PA. Now once again he does not have to invest in gear. So I have a hard time paying $3- 400 for something I personally won't be using.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    That Pyle is fast and loose with the stats and is pretty dirty <1% THD. but will do the job.

Personally -I'd pay 2-3x and go Crown Drive Core or Yorkville PX1700 -both are EXCELLENT IN the 300-450 price range

-remember -they will be much quieter and more powerful amps too -as they are rating on RMS output at 4 or 8ohms NOT headline grabbing 1000 watt max.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    crown makes great stuff too. i used to run crown before i got the qsc, just needed more power. the behringer is for running the four monitor mixes but im surprised at how good it is and well its lasted

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Another vote for Crown. I have the Musicians Friend X-1000. (Rebadged XLi-800.)

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    check the behringer nx stuff. the one i have might be more than ya need but maybe not. its 4 channels which is why i love it, like 400w @ 8ohms but im usually running each channel at 4 ohms so im getting about 800w. so if i didnt have another amp, i could run my mains (getting 1600w at 2 ohms) off one channel, two monitor mixes, and use the last channel to power the subs. there are dsp models as well if you wanted something more than just power

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Thank you everyone for the feedback on Pyle's durability they are off the list.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    I have a Crown that has been very good to me. If I were looking for a PA I would at least have to give them a look.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

Already have nice JBL speakers I am not spend that kind of money on powered speakers.
    thats my issue as well. i have a bunch of unpowered but very good sounding speakers. if i was starting over, sure, powered makes sense but im not spending $5k to replace what i already own.

Leave a comment:

• Ewizard
    replied
    I have been a sound guy for 20+ years and work every day with tour-grade systems ( well sans the pandemic anyway ), but I am always understanding of the need to fit things into a budget. I am lucky enough to work with amplifiers that cost $5,000+ each!!! That being said. If you are on the smallest of budgets, the Behringer NX series is extremely hard to beat. In fact, it performs so well, that it competes with amps that cost significantly more. It is the best budget amp you can get. It has great power density, great features, and performs really well.

I would refrain from wasting your time with any Amazon special or Pyle. The numbers on the box are not even close to true. I have seen MANY of the Pyle units burned up simply because they can't do what the nomenclature states and when asked to try, they just fail after a while.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Powered Speakers for the win....welcome to 2021.
    Already have nice JBL speakers I am not spend that kind of money on powered speakers.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    Yeah, I got myself a Crown XLS & that thing is amazing. I'm using it both as a power amp for my home stereo & out into a 4x12 (or pair of them in stereo) with my modelers (using a switcherto switch between home stereo & guitar cabs) ...sounds monstrous.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Powered Speakers for the win....welcome to 2021.

Leave a comment:

• SlyFoxx
    replied
    Crown. They just work forever.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Some years ago i was looking at the Behringer and Pyle
    the Pyle just seems so inexpeninexpensively made that i find it unbelievable that it will last any amount of time
    i could be wrong

Most of the Behringer stuf i have had is another story

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the Behringer

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Also thinking about this amp

Leave a comment:

Working...
X