banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it bother you when an amp power switch is in the back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, because I never stop rocking.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      ha! get yo self some platforms my man
      Racism.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

now now, i didnt say anything about the excelsior being easy for him to reach the switch. but thats sizeism. if youre referring to my bad 70s lingo then your spanx and girdle are too tight and you need to relax

Comment

My Randall t2HL tube/ss hybrid head has the switch at the back , but no ..it's a small price to pay for the killer tone
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

The EVH stuff has the switch on the back. I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              On the Excelsior the switch is not only on the back but at the bottom of the amp, it is a pain in the butt.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Wow, that is seriously a pain. I have no idea why that was a design decision.
              That's not a design decision. That is the mashup mating of two separate designs and not updating either to make it a cohesive unit. The amp section is just like those old DIY amp kits from the 50's where all the components are located according to what's easiest to wire and shortest path, never intended to be mounted in another box. Then the speaker cab is just designed to house the speaker and project the better sound forward, not originally intended to have other hardware mounted on it. But to sell the convenience of a combo amp - voila, the two are mated and you have the above. Granted the Excelsior a newer amp, but it's just following old 50's mashup combos pretty closely.

At least Emery made an improvement in that you store the amp in the cabinet, but place on top for use.
              http://www.emerysound.com/Microbaby.html
              Last edited by beaubrummels; 06-03-2021, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah, I get it. But it looks like they didn't dare update it to modern design standards. And I wonder why that amp didn't last more than a few years...
                Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Hard pass on switches on the back of the amp. Not too smart.

Comment

my older Carvin Belair and Laney GC80A both are back switchers
                    opposite sides
                    one with power/standby on right back
                    one on left back
                    the Peavey VIP2 is back left
                    the Bugera G5 is front
                    the Roland Cube 30 is top left
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
                      Hard pass on switches on the back of the amp. Not too smart.
                      These days, other than 'tradition', there is no real reason they should keep doing that.

Comment

Not gonna lie, I have spent an unhealthy amount of time trying to find power and and clean dirty before… I really hate switches on the back.

Comment

I have accidently grabbed hot tubes when searching for the power switch on an unfamiliar amp.

Comment

Yes it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I have accidently grabbed hot tubes when searching for the power switch on an unfamiliar amp.
                              ...and this is constantly going through my head every time I have to reach for the switch on my princeton rri

Comment

Don't mind it -especially if the standby is still on the front -but I'm tall with long arms.
                                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                                X