How?
    Fender USA Strat
    Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. Reverb
    Retroman Sybil Fuzz
    Zendrive

Re: Two heads to one cab?

Originally posted by fuzzyratfarts
    How?
    I think Tone Bone has a product that allows you to do that?

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Stereo input, but than you've got just two speakers for each head
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

A bridge to mono. That's how they do it in power amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Amateur
          no good idea imo
          RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
          TS 7 (modded)
          Hot Rod 50+ XL
          Framus Dragon 4x12
          V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
            no good idea imo
            Most of the power amps in the market have that option right now.

Comment

Most of the power amps in the market have that option right now.
              Yes, but remember that those stereo power amps are on the same power supply and are designed to be bridged- if you connect two heads to one cabnet, and it isn't a stereo cab you will surely blow stuff up-
              btw have you ever seen a speaker catch on fire? makes a cool stage effect, but drains the pocketbook- and may cause you some physical damage
              you can get the tonebone switcher- but I'm not sure how it works-
              you can run two heads into one cab- but not both on at the same time, it's an either/or situation.
              Last edited by marvar; 12-22-2005, 10:32 PM.
              " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

stratdeluxer...you were close but this is the one he would need for two heads 1 cab....

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

it is a switcher to go b/t the two heads and one cab. you can't (that i know of) run both at the same time into one cab.

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

How do two heads running at the same time in a stereo cab sound when played at the same time?
                  Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
                  Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
                  Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
                  Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
                  Fender Frontman 15g
                  Cry Baby
                  Boss DS-2
                  Boss CE-3
                  Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Originally posted by greendy123
                    How do two heads running at the same time in a stereo cab sound when played at the same time?
                    umm- sounds like a stereo amp setup-depends on the two heads- and their tone configurations, and how you have them set-this is a hard question to answer, they would be more noticable if you were running them with a stereo delay or chorus, one side into each amp-
                    " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzyratfarts
                      How?
                      www.axess-electronics.com HS2.... the HS2 is amazing! Works for 2 Tube heads so you can A/B between them.... I own the HS2 so i can a/b between my 5150 head and a Classic 50 head... The C50 is my clean channel basicly... with that system i have a 4 channel set up.....

The HS2 has some downsides... one-you can't use Delay in the amps FX loops as the echo keeps sending signals to the head on standby with no load. 2-you can't really use OD's or Distortion units in front of the HS2 to drive the amps more.... The HS2 is just to pick between 2 nice amps.... only FX's i use with it is a chorus and a Wah plugged infront of the HS2....

Axess now also has a larger amp switching system that allows delays and stuff i think.... Great products!

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE
                        stratdeluxer...you were close but this is the one he would need for two heads 1 cab....

it is a switcher to go b/t the two heads and one cab. you can't (that i know of) run both at the same time into one cab.

-Mike
                        Glad you got my back Mike! Thanks!
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by marvar
                          Yes, but remember that those stereo power amps are on the same power supply and are designed to be bridged- if you connect two heads to one cabnet, and it isn't a stereo cab you will surely blow stuff up-
                          btw have you ever seen a speaker catch on fire? makes a cool stage effect, but drains the pocketbook- and may cause you some physical damage
                          you can get the tonebone switcher- but I'm not sure how it works-
                          you can run two heads into one cab- but not both on at the same time, it's an either/or situation.
                          The power amps are stereo bridged to mono, so the mono cab should work. A single power supply in a stereo power amp does not guarantee equal power going into both amp sections, ther is still some regulation invloved. It may be a little bit more complicated if you have different power supplies for the amps, not sure for tube amps, but it is definitely workable for solid state amps. You just have to design it right and you may need some modification on the amps, which you may not like it.

Comment

If you Bridge 2 SEPARATE amps to each other, you´ll almost certainly send both of them to the moon...REAL bad idea...

Am amp is either designed to be bridged, or it isn´t ... I don´t know a single HEAD (read the thread title) that can be bridged at all, much less one that can be bridged with another head.

Bridging Power sections requires them to be on the same power supply.... it´s easy inside of a single rack unit, becasue there you´re just taking the signal that you previously split internally and merging it again.... Not so easy when the signals were never the same in the first place and you´re running separate amps....

You´ll need either 1 amp per cabinet half (assuming you have stereo inputs), or you can use an Amp switcher f you don´t need the m simultaneously
                            Last edited by Zerberus; 01-02-2006, 12:00 PM.
                            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I still say the HS2 from www.axess-electronics.com is the safe-ist way of doing this.... I use mine a lot.... you just have to make sure all power cables and speaker and guitar cables are hooked up right before turning anything on...

Only thing is you can't use with this set up is Delay fx's in the FX loops of the amps... One one head is on standby the other is on.... If you had a delay in the standby head your delay is still sending signals to an amp that has no speaker load... The HS2 is killer when it's all set up!

Comment

Working...
                              X