banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender lt25 ultimate metal tone help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    To be fair tho. My knowledge of guitar has grown more now over the past 6 months then ever before so my great memory of that one amp might not be accurate lol.

    Comment


    • #32
      Have you tried running a Tube Screamer into it!?
      Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
        Have you tried running a Tube Screamer into it!?
        Before I returned mine I tried a variety of od/distortion into it. Just never sounded very good.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
          Have you tried running a Tube Screamer into it!?
          No I dont own any pedals yet. I would like to get a boss metal zone or something similar in the $100 range. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Probably try to sit on what I got once my emg 81 comes in and re assess. I really want a better amp and THEN maybe get some pedals for fun.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by JohnnyBsurfin View Post

            Before I returned mine I tried a variety of od/distortion into it. Just never sounded very good.
            Yeah I've tried multiple amp channels with the OD and the compressor or even blues drive. The OD is ok as long as you dont go to crazy with the gain. I prefer to try to just run the single amp model and then eq it. It just sounds less muddy but the gain is only so much still. Dumb mistake for not taking more time to think about what I was doing before purchasing. Really want the boss katana stack or even 50-100 combo. Or do more research for a little bit more expensive one but the katana has really good reviews for metal.


            Sorry for any run on sentences lol. Just typing.

            Comment


            • #36
              I think two katana 50’s would be fun!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Zombie 13X33 View Post

                No I dont own any pedals yet. I would like to get a boss metal zone or something similar in the $100 range. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Probably try to sit on what I got once my emg 81 comes in and re assess. I really want a better amp and THEN maybe get some pedals for fun.
                The Boss Metal Zone sounds exactly like about half a dozen of the amp models in the LT25. If you want metal with an EMG 81, try a Wampler Triple Wreck V2 into an amp with two twelves. I use a Randall RG1503-212 as a clean pedal platform with Eminence Texas Heat and Swamp Thang speakers. I also use a stock Fender Champion 100 XL as a clean pedal platform. That Wampler pedal into either of those amps sounds more like Master of Puppets than anything else I've played. If you're going to get a Metal Zone, get the Waza. But if you're going to spend that kind of money, just get the Wampler.
                Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 07-21-2021, 07:25 PM.
                Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post

                  The Boss Metal Zone sounds exactly like about half a dozen of the amp models in the LT25. If you want metal with an EMG 81, try a Wampler Triple Wreck V2 into an amp with two twelves. I use a Randall RG1503-212 as a clean pedal platform with Eminence Texas Heat and Swamp Thang speakers. I also use a stock Fender Champion 100 XL as a clean pedal platform. That Wampler pedal into either of those amps sounds more like Master of Puppets than anything else I've played. If you're going to get a Metal Zone, get the Waza. But if you're going to spend that kind of money, just get the Wampler.
                  If you're going to get a Metalzone, get the Keeley.

                  Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    If you're going to get a Metalzone, get the Keeley.
                    That's a big if. You should probably buy one of every kind of Metal Zone you can find, and stack them all together with compressors at the beginning and end of the signal chain.
                    Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post

                      That's a big if. You should probably buy one of every kind of Metal Zone you can find, and stack them all together with compressors at the beginning and end of the signal chain.
                      I'm addressing the comparison between waza and Keeley mod.

                      Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        I'm addressing the comparison between waza and Keeley mod.

                        Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                        How would you compare the two?
                        Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Zombie 13X33 View Post
                          To be fair tho. My knowledge of guitar has grown more now over the past 6 months then ever before so my great memory of that one amp might not be accurate lol.
                          Ok if it's muddy, are you scooping the mids? I know lots of an people do this to get the high gain compressed metal sound. It's a mistake. Listen to any Slayer like "Show No Mercy" for example. The guitar is clear and present because Jeff and Kerry don't scoop the mids. They let Tom add the low end (bass) which is the right way. You loose a lot of clarity. If you boost your mids you may even end up backing off of the gain. You really don't need that much gain 7 or 8 even. I do 8 and even roll off the volume on my guitar a little. So if I play a lead, I've got some boost by rolling the volume up.

                          If you scoop your mids too much, your going in the wrong direction. Just my opinion, but countless Metal bands you listen to prove it correct.

                          ​​​​
                          Last edited by Azzogthoth; 07-22-2021, 05:05 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Cynical View Post
                            Fender makes the EVH 5150 IIIs, which have become the industry standard for metal over the last decade or so...
                            If you've ever heard a Bugera Trirec, that's one of the best Metal tone amps out there. They rarely if ever come up for sale. It actually sounds better than a Mesa Triple Rectifier. It's brighter. If a Mesa guy says bull****, it's because he knows he paid too much after hearing it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I just spent a good three quarters of an hour withy my LT25, and it's not a bad little metal amp. The world's best Ibanez RG270DX with an EMG 81 straight into the Metal 2000 model, cut the bass pretty dramatically, boost the treble and mids, use the noise gate, and it has plenty of gain for Puppets/Justice-era 'tallica. It doesn't have the harmonic complexity that a real connoisseur might want, but it does the job better than any $149.99 amp I've ever heard.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	4428E38A-D89D-46E4-8FF7-54E3ED3A530D.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	6098105
                              Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 07-22-2021, 12:15 PM.
                              Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Ok so I got the emg 81 delivered today, installed and tuned a few different custom amp channels. The 81 sounds similar to the tb6 I had but less shrill. That was the biggest and most noticeable difference right off the bat. I also noticed that the note definition is better now. The palm muting is now just about what I hoped for. The 81 must respond better to my amp or visa versa because tuning the tone settings was 10x easier then with the duncan distortion. The duncan got too hallow too fast for my liking. When you turned up the gain it would get muddy quickly.

                                i got just about what i hoped for out of the 81. I'm also running a new gauge string that i like for now.. there the power slinkys 11-49. I also run hybrids but the power slinkys are a new thing for now.. gonna trow my tb6 into my ibanez and see if they work together any better then the jackson. The jackson just seems brighter imo.

                                Also my amp settings are as follows

                                Metal 2000
                                Gain 8 doesn't need to be. 6 sounded fine but it got a little fatter sounding. Any more and it gets muddy.
                                Volume 8
                                Treble 7
                                Mid 6.5
                                Bass 4.5 or 5 i can't remember any more is too boomy for palm mutes or power chords,, any less and it sounds hallow or tinny.

                                I also made a the heavy amp into a channel too with similar settings. After that I copied that one but scooped the mids just for fun and saved that as another channel that ill probably never use. I'm sure it will all be adjusted more as I go. These settings were all made very quickly as it was 1am and I just couldn't wait. Eventually I will get the 81/something combo for my ibanez probably the 85 in the neck just so I have that to try in the bridge as well. If I like the tb6 ill get another duncan something for the neck. Maybe a jb or jazz but I have no clue right now. I'll share pics when I get some time. Thanks to all who shared comments or time testing things or helping.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X