Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender lt25 ultimate metal tone help

I hope this is the right place to ask.

Hello! Just received my new amp a week or so ago. Its a new fender lt25. I mainly got it because the way it worked and how I could create and save sounds. I've owned line 6 amps in the past and just wanted something different this time around. So far I've done research on how to get a good tone for metal but its never perfect. It always sounds good but when I leave and come back it sounds crappy to me and I don't understand why. I now have several metal sounds. I personally like the amp sound of the metal 2000 setting. The super heavy sounds ok but a little to muddy when it comes to clarity of note separation. If anyone here has this amp and would like to share there channel settings with me I would be happy to try them.

I have a jackson js34q which is an hss guitar with a duncan tb6 in the bridge and stock singles for now. I ordered a wilkinson low gauss neck just to try out for cheap. I run all the knobs at 10. This is my primary guitar and the one I would want most amp settings to work for.

I also have an ibanez grg131dx-bkf with invader clones. I have two sets of these clones but my newer installed ones sound like crap and I'm about to put the original clones back in. This is my drop tuning guitar and thats about it. I run 10-52 strings on this one

Thanks and have a great day everyone

Brad

For high gain I add the 5 band eq to the 2000 setting.
    I cut the bass and mid bass quite a bit.

Comment

I saw that setting but haven't tried it yet but I definitely will now. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Don't forget to save settings before you exit
        it could be that you've tweaked it and lost the tweaks when shutting down
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I’m still on the fence with this amp.

I like the size of it and the clean sounds good.

The high gain even with the eq is still just ok.

The amp doesn’t seem to like pedals.

I wish boss made a katana that fit between the mini and the 50.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
            Don't forget to save settings before you exit
            it could be that you've tweaked it and lost the tweaks when shutting down
            Nonim good at saving and stuff it's just me I think. Thank you tho for trying.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBsurfin View Post
              I’m still on the fence with this amp.

I like the size of it and the clean sounds good.

The high gain even with the eq is still just ok.

The amp doesn’t seem to like pedals.

I wish boss made a katana that fit between the mini and the 50.
              I hear you. I want this to be a great amp and I feel like I'm learning more and liking it more but it's so easy to make a crsppy tone. Today I made a decent distortion tone using the metal 2000 with the gain at 6 and everything else at 5. Then turned on the blues overdrive and I may have tweaked that too but the combination is actually decent. The normal overdrive just isn't right most of the time. I also tried a cheap Amazon distortion pedal and it sounded terrible lol.

Comment

If I come up with a better sound I'll try to share my settings. It probably wont work for everyone because pickups makes a difference. My duncan tb6 can sound great in my Jackson but then I try a different guitar with cheapo humbuckers and its almost like it has less distortion and that seems weird to me but it's real lol. Definitely gonna be getting a humbucker set soon for my Ibanez. I was using a headphone distortion amp for almost a year now and buying this amp has changed everything for my sound.

Comment

I sent mine back.
                  got a flamma fx100 to scratch the modeling itch.
                  so far so good.

Comment

I figured out my problem for the most part. On some guitars I have lower output pickups and they dont get as crunchy as my distortion pickup but the amp itself doesn't get to that super high gain sound either. Looking at a new pickup for that guitar now. Looking at the distortion again or the nazgul or something of that nature. Learning experience I guess. I needed a cheap but good amp and I think it's that but not exactly what I hoped for but I guess it just gives me something to start with till I progress further in skill.

Comment

The Nazgul is one hot pickup, with very different RQ than the Invader- it has highs and upper mids, and great if you tune down and use a ton of distortion. The Black Winter is a good choice, too, and the cool thing about that pickup is that it does a lot of things really well.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I learned something recently about my amp. In the amp pre sets I learned I can crank the volume to its max and then crank the gain up to whatever sounds best. I still have the main volume after to use. It breaks up better now for distortion. I'm a little happier now. Still on the hunt tho for a bridge pickup. No clue what I'm gonna get yet. I may swap my tb6 into my Ibanez and get a new bridge for my Jackson. My Jackson is my favorite. I'll make a new post about it sometime. I did once before but that was before learning alot about the different types of duncans and even some emg actives.

Comment

Hey man, if it makes you feel any better, it took me 19 years to finally nail a high gain riffage tone that I'm happy with. The right combination of guitar/pickup/pedal/amp/speaker can be elusive. I'd say just keep trying stuff! And if something is good, don't be afraid to leave it alone lol
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

It's crazy man. I bought this amp expecting it to be enough. Then find out it's not meant for metal lol. I should have waited and got the boss katana for 350~ I already told my step son he can have this amp when I get a new one and hes super happy. It is a great amp and I got it dialed in pretty good bit its basically maxed out for its capabilities and cant be tweaked much for sound. Super super good cleans tho.

Comment

I'm so confused

What makes someone's brain go "i want brootz metal! IM'MA GET ME A FENDER!!" ???
                              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
                              X