No announcement yet.

Fender lt25 ultimate metal tone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of a 25w amp. It was decent and I thought the settings looked decent. Its not horrible but just not for metal. There's other amps I looked at but for some reason I picked that? I had a line 6 spider amp years ago and just wanted to try something different. For some reason I thought it would be similar.

Comment

What size speaker is in that?
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
        I'm so confused

What makes someone's brain go "i want brootz metal! IM'MA GET ME A FENDER!!" ???
        Fender makes the EVH 5150 IIIs, which have become the industry standard for metal over the last decade or so...

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          I looked it up, and it’s an 8” speaker. You’re gonna need to manage your expectations for metal tone with a tiny speaker. For a more thorough explanation, go try any amp with a 12” and see how it sounds.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

The good news in all of this is that you refine your knowledge about what you like. Nothing wrong with an 8" speaker, but you have to be realistic about what you can get out of it. Small amps can be great, but for great metal tone, the amp is most of the sound.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
              What kind of metal tones are we going for here, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                I believe its an 8 or 10 inch but leaning towards 8

Comment

What kind of metal tones are we going for here, anyway?
                  Master of puppets specifically but metallica in general. I just can't afford the ones I like yet. I like the katana 100 head and 2 12 cab to match or a $500~ Rolland head and cab I don't know the model tho. I want the katana more tho.

Comment

The thing about that amp is that it has an irresponsible amount of gain available for just about every amp model that Fender included. It is way too easy to make it sound like a slightly different brand of a Metal Zone clone. Whatever amp model you use, try dialing the gain down and the volume up. Keep in mind that you have both a preset volume (knob/menu) and a master volume (knob only). The 8-inch speaker lacks a certain midrange body at low volumes (and probability at very high volumes if you play it at the upper limit of its dynamic capabilities). Play with the EQ (especially the 5-band) and focus on taming the bass and keeping the mids strong, as lower volumes tend to let them collapse into the quagmire of flubby, exaggerated bass.
                    Your right about the tones. I play it regularly at low volume but occasionally do about half lol. The bass is prominent throughout all and must be tamed. I'm learning daily how to tweak the settings better. With that said I just switched from hybrid strings to power slinkys and it messed up all my presets and I had to redial them. I like the tension but I may try straight 10s next

Comment

I bet. Someday I will have it when I want to afford it kind of thing.

Comment

Not usually no. I play at low volumes 9 times out of 10. I have turned it up to three quarters to max or a little more but there's just to many people in my home and I try not to irritate my girlfriend with the loud noise. I play at a comfortable volume I would say. The amp is quality in my opinion just not enough gain. I use the metal 2000 amp and tweak that or the heavy one and that almost does it but its just not like my older amps I've owned years ago. I barely remember what ther are anymore but I think they were a peavy vypyr 30w and before that my first amp was a line 6 but I don't remember what size or anything like that. The peavy was my favorite but that was years ago and I had taken a break from guitar for about 7 years. My girlfriends son kinda got me back into it all.

Comment

To be fair tho. My knowledge of guitar has grown more now over the past 6 months then ever before so my great memory of that one amp might not be accurate lol.

Comment

Have you tried running a Tube Screamer into it!?
                            Before I returned mine I tried a variety of od/distortion into it. Just never sounded very good.

Comment

Have you tried running a Tube Screamer into it!?
                              No I dont own any pedals yet. I would like to get a boss metal zone or something similar in the $100 range. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Probably try to sit on what I got once my emg 81 comes in and re assess. I really want a better amp and THEN maybe get some pedals for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBsurfin View Post

Before I returned mine I tried a variety of od/distortion into it. Just never sounded very good.
                                Yeah I've tried multiple amp channels with the OD and the compressor or even blues drive. The OD is ok as long as you dont go to crazy with the gain. I prefer to try to just run the single amp model and then eq it. It just sounds less muddy but the gain is only so much still. Dumb mistake for not taking more time to think about what I was doing before purchasing. Really want the boss katana stack or even 50-100 combo. Or do more research for a little bit more expensive one but the katana has really good reviews for metal.

Sorry for any run on sentences lol. Just typing.

Comment

Working...
                                X