Got boogie Mark V 35 Watt. -Totally impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got boogie Mark V 35 Watt. -Totally impressed

So I got a Boogie Mark V 35 watt this week (EDIT: The Head Version not Combo). It does most things exceptionally -big clean scoop Fender, classic mid range Marshall balls, and super big overdriven modern.

I don't know, it's so versatile and gets killer tones.

it's blown away several A/B comparisons with classic amps in the studio this week.

It's a keeper.
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 06-07-2021, 08:07 AM. Reason: clarity on version
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

So loud enough for a band, but still able to go sans speaker and record direct, sounds great. Have you tried the DI out yet?

Comment

Congrats! That’s a great amp and definitely in my short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Omg color me EXTREMELY jealous, that is my dream amp.

Congrats
        Originally posted by jcthejester13
        Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          So loud enough for a band, but still able to go sans speaker and record direct, sounds great. Have you tried the DI out yet?
          I haven't. It;s plenty loud - I used stereo rig of Deluxe and Vibroverb last night gig for fun, but will use the Boogie at a larger venue in 2 weeks,
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Killer amp. Add in the extension cab below and you can get some serious volume too!
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Killer amp. Add in the extension cab below and you can get some serious volume too!
              Yeah I bought the head -so im driving a dual V30 cab or dual greenback (depending on mood)

Comment

Is it pretty easy to get those sounds out of it? I used a Mark IV in the studio and spent more time trying to get the right sound than actually recording the part. The right sound was in there, but so were 3000 others.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Is it pretty easy to get those sounds out of it? I used a Mark IV in the studio and spent more time trying to get the right sound than actually recording the part. The right sound was in there, but so were 3000 others.
                  lots of choices for sure -

Comment

The only thing I don't like is the footswitch -it's way too big for my needs -Its like the size of a pedal board. I'm going to open it up and see if it's a contact closure system or has logic associated and build me a different one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I don't own a Mark V, but I've played one a few times. IME it's A LOT easier to dial in than a Mark IV since it doesn't have a 'lead drive' or any shared controls IIRC.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

I don't own a Mark V, but I've played one a few times. IME it's A LOT easier to dial in than a Mark IV since it doesn't have a 'lead drive' or any shared controls IIRC.
                        Yeah, that's always the tradeoff right? -the more features, the more required. My JCM 800 2203 takes 8 seconds to dial, my 2210 takes 1 minute, but neither can do a 1/4 of what this Mark V.

Comment

All of the Mark Series amps have their nuances and oddities about them. Once you learn a bit about what they are you can navigate far quicker when seeking a specific tone. The chart that lays on top of the amp and the manuals are helpful. You can't dial them like you would any other amp. You need very little if any bass on some of them and a lot of times the gain ties into the bass as you creep up on the amount of gain. Definitely need to spend your time listening and tuning with ears as opposed to eyes because there are some settings that probably make ZERO sense but work well. Extreme settings can lead you down some interesting paths (extreme meaning way less than you may think or way more than you would expect). Add the EQ sliders to the equation and it gets even funner.
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                            All of the Mark Series amps have their nuances and oddities about them. Once you learn a bit about what they are you can navigate far quicker when seeking a specific tone. The chart that lays on top of the amp and the manuals are helpful. You can't dial them like you would any other amp. You need very little if any bass on some of them and a lot of times the gain ties into the bass as you creep up on the amount of gain. Definitely need to spend your time listening and tuning with ears as opposed to eyes because there are some settings that probably make ZERO sense but work well. Extreme settings can lead you down some interesting paths (extreme meaning way less than you may think or way more than you would expect). Add the EQ sliders to the equation and it gets even funner.
                            thanks for the input -great stuff.... agree so far from what I'm seeing -the architecture of the amp is not like a typical 3 classic nobber -especially using the EQ sliders as they relate to the gain stages.

I'll report back on my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                              I have a Fillmore and I can vouch for the weird EQ settings that work well, but make no sense visually. Granted, it's nowhere near as a complicated as a Mark, but the sentiment is there.
                              I do want to grab a Mark V:25 or 35 eventually, but it's not high on the priority list lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X