Synergy Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synergy Rigs

Anybody using a Synergy Rig? Anybody thinking of trying one out? I have kicked the idea around but have always held off on jumping into one. What has been your experiences with Synergy?
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

It looks like there is a lot of love for Synergy here. Thanks for the feedback folks.

Boobs - now I will probably get 800 responses...lol.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Hadn't noticed them before. Have no experience with them. Reminds me of the Randall module amps from a decade or more back, which reminds me of the Seymour Duncan convertible from a decade or more before that. Seems like a great idea, if they sound accurate. I do notice these module amp ideas don't seem to take off, for some reason.

Comment

Did somebody say "boobs"?

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          Did somebody say "boobs"?
          Yes! The World is full of them!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Hadn't noticed them before. Have no experience with them. Reminds me of the Randall module amps from a decade or more back, which reminds me of the Seymour Duncan convertible from a decade or more before that. Seems like a great idea, if they sound accurate. I do notice these module amp ideas don't seem to take off, for some reason.
            They sound good based on a lot of the clips I have heard. A lot of people like them. The feel and response is more of what I am curious about along with volume roll off on the guitar and how they respond etc.

Comment

I had one of the Randall RM50 heads, loved it, the only issue was the loop was too hot for most pedals. I also had some extra modules I played around with mods on, they were great for that, when you pulled them out they were totally disconnected from all the high voltage stuff.

I've heard really good things about the Synergy stuff, and the quality is supposed to be there, not to mention the modules are 2 channel. Would definitely be on my radar if I was looking for an amp.

Comment

If you are on The Gear Page there is a huge thread in the Rack Subforum on them.

I’m interested but the $900 point of entry for a single module and $1600 for a dual module is a bit steep for me to try out.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  If you are on The Gear Page there is a huge thread in the Rack Subforum on them.

I’m interested but the $900 point of entry for a single module and $1600 for a dual module is a bit steep for me to try out.
                  I am with you completely on this. Huge hangup for me. When they first came out I was thinking I could get a rack setup for 800 bucks and went looking for 2 modules only to discover that was for the rack and no modules...lol. That cured me for a year or so but more modules have come out fairly recently and again, I am curious. TGP is a place I avoid. Not many over there play the Brutz and their censorship is off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

As beau pointed out above, this concept rears its head every decade. Everyone says they sound great, but then they fizzle out.

My opinion is that the power amp and speakers make as much or more difference to the overall experience, so swapping out 1K preamp modules is not much more than changing EQ. Preamps sound suprisingly similar when played through the same power amp and speakers and can be made to sound like the other with EQ.

Comment

I didn't know what these were, so I just read about them. They sound great but crazy expensive to put together something. The modular approach is also not in fashion like it was 35 years ago. Maybe the trend will come around again, but I can't see this taking off in the guitar climate right now.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

As beau pointed out above, this concept rears its head every decade. Everyone says they sound great, but then they fizzle out.

My opinion is that the power amp and speakers make as much or more difference to the overall experience, so swapping out 1K preamp modules is not much more than changing EQ. Preamps sound suprisingly similar when played through the same power amp and speakers and can be made to sound like the other with EQ.
                        I agree, on my big board I have four “amp in a box” pedals from wampler, the dream is that I get Voxy chime, a Plexi grunt, a hot rodded Marshall tone and a Recto grind. Since they are all running through the front end of an amp and the same speakers it sounds a bit like different gain levels and different EQ curves. As we know, the same amp through different speakers can sound wildly different. I 100% understand wanting to compile multiple full tube amp rigs into 1, but to really get the sound of multiple rigs, modeling and FRFR is probably the best bet.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

I have several of the amps that are modules in the Synergy line and no matter what cab or EQ settings I utilize, the amps sound very different from one another. I could see certain amps dialed in a certain way to achieve similar sounds but that wouldn't be the rule, that would be the exception.

It is a lot of juice to get going though. I am surprised they are as expensive as they are.

Comment

I guess some of the cost is in developing the new circuits/ layouts, the casings for the modules, etc. Rather than using a traditional amp chassis and shell.
                            Still too high for me to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                              I guess some of the cost is in developing the new circuits/ layouts, the casings for the modules, etc. Rather than using a traditional amp chassis and shell.
                              Still too high for me to consider.
                              They have amp chassis and cabinets along with rack or single unit housings for the modules. You can get the stuff to make it a dual channel powered amp head and a 4x12 cab if you like. Bands like Opeth are starting to use them for touring. Another "idea" for saving money on tour like the AXE and Kemper etc. A lot of the manufacturers had a hand in designing the modules and signed off on them so I would say they are fairly authentic. Still, it is a chunk of change to get going and that is where I think they are/will continue to be hurt the most.

Comment

Working...
                              X