No announcement yet.

Synergy Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have synergy with Boobs.... but don't know anything about Synergy Amps -will look up
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

From what I've seen, it looks like their somehow associated with B.A.D. I've followed them for a while, but the price point scares me off, when I've been doing well with the amps I currently own. They have quite a few options in terms of sounds that seem viable if they sound enough like what they are labeled. I've liked what I've heard in the demos of the SLO, Friedman, Fender and Vai modules.

Comment

The initial buy in is steep, although not really any more than any boutique head out there. After that, you have the ability to add another high end amp to the arsenal for the price of a module.

Comment

Bump.

Anyone running a Synergy these days? As I look around my tiny room with these big heads taking up so much space...Synergy seems interesting.

I agree seems like initial buy-in might be steep, but once you are in it seems like a good deal.
          Originally posted by Frankly
          PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
          Originally posted by Diocletian
          Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

A Synergy Syn-30 combo is $1500 with a built-in 1-channel clean non-removable module. You add a 2-channel module of your choice for $400. So you have a boutique (power amp section designed by Steve Fryette) 30w 1x12" with midi switchable 3-channels tube combo for less than $2k. I don't see it that steep of a buy-in IMHO.

Suppose you get the Friedman DS module, you end-up with a "Dirty Shirley" for $1k less than a real Dirty Shirley combo. Not so bad. Maybe not THE real thing but it should be close enough as it's the same amp designer for both.

It's when you add another modules that it's starting to get interesting, Adding a BMAN or a Deliverance or an 800 module get you somewhere else for only $400.

BTW: I don't have the cash to invest in a new amp right now, but I would definitely have a look when the bank account gets better. I like the concept and one of the Canadian dealer is like 10 minutes drive from home.
            Last edited by donaldr; 05-12-2023, 03:22 PM.

Comment

My biggest gripe about the " format " is that it is designed to suck you in, and then milk you of more money. Sure the price of entry to have a " Fender " clean Module and a " Diezel " Herbert channel is great at around the $2k mark. But if you realize you would rather have a Soldano clean channel and a Marshall gain channel, it is going to cost you another $800. Meanwhile, you are sitting on $800 in modules that do nothing for you. The price of entry is not horrid, it is the problem of not being able to try before you buy. There are over 20 different modules ranging from Tweed Deluxe to 6505 and everything in between and around those.

I had a buddy that had the Randall version of these in a head. Sounded great, but even he said that it was not worth it. His head got dropped once during a set change and it bent the chassis enough to break one module and render the rest of the amp unusable. He was a sponsored player, and was able to get a replacement for next to nothing, but he said it was fragile enough to not want to bank on it.

I realize this is much more difficult to have happen in a rack unit, but the cost to have options is just too high. If there was a trade-in policy, maybe?

Comment

Now that they have an Uberschall module and a 6505 module, the only thing that's stopping me from getting one is they don't have a Recto module yet.

Comment

I really just want a decent clean and a great hard rock tone. I don’t need a lot of versatility. I found that through pedals, which are cheaper than modules, and I can buy them used and sell them if I don’t like them or get tired of them.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                    I really just want a decent clean and a great hard rock tone. I don’t need a lot of versatility. I found that through pedals, which are cheaper than modules, and I can buy them used and sell them if I don’t like them or get tired of them.
                    Maybe you forgot the read OP...

Comment

Working...
                    X