• Still don't understand the point.
    Why only one?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Still don't understand the point.
      Why only one?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• I played a Mesa California Tweed this weekend . . . it was quite different than the amp I'm used to, but after fooling around with it for a bit I think it could be a one amp pedal-less sound for me. There are a ton of lovely, usable sounds in there.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          I played a Mesa California Tweed this weekend . . . it was quite different than the amp I'm used to, but after fooling around with it for a bit I think it could be a one amp pedal-less sound for me. There are a ton of lovely, usable sounds in there.
          I've been interested in this amp. I have the other Mesa like this, a Blue Angel. But I am sure they have learned quite a bit in the 30 years since the BA was released.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I've been interested in this amp. I have the other Mesa like this, a Blue Angel. But I am sure they have learned quite a bit in the 30 years since the BA was released.
            It does lovely clean and every flavour of slightly overdriven sound really, really well. The power scaling works and there are nice tones in every setting. High gain metal tones or hard rock - nope (although it can do an interesting amp about to explode kind of sound when you max things out). Plays nicely with pedals too.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

It does lovely clean and every flavour of slightly overdriven sound really, really well. The power scaling works and there are nice tones in every setting. High gain metal tones or hard rock - nope (although it can do an interesting amp about to explode kind of sound when you max things out). Plays nicely with pedals too.
              How well does it do the scooped clean Deluxe thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

How well does it do the scooped clean Deluxe thing?
                The EQ is pretty flexible so you can kinda get in the ballpark - glassy/mid scoop-y . . . with a pretty good amount of headroom in the full 40 watt mode. It has a different vibe than a blackface Deluxe though - loose lows, clear highs (maybe a touch less than DR), and I think a bit more mids. I found it easy to get lovely edge of breakup tones at any volume level with the tweed.
                Last edited by GuitarStv; 10-12-2021, 06:57 PM.

Comment

The EQ is pretty flexible so you can kinda get in the ballpark - glassy/mid scoop-y . . . with a pretty good amount of headroom in the full 40 watt mode. It has a different vibe than a blackface Deluxe though - loose lows, clear highs (maybe a touch less than DR), and I think a bit more mids. I found it easy to get lovely edge of breakup tones at any volume level with the tweed.
                  Watching the videos, it sounds almost exactly like my Blue Angel, except the BA doesn't have a master volume, and can also use EL84s.

Comment

Working...
                  X