No announcement yet.

One Amp, One Sound For Life - No Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesa/Boogie Roadster combo on one of those settings that is sweet and crunchy at the same time.
    Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Can't do it. For me that's like trying to pick a single favorite color or flavor. Why limit myself?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
      Sure you can, everybody has a signature tone. What amp do you use to get that tone?
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        IME a Dual Rectifier half stack sounds just like a '68 Plexi through a straight 1960B Greenback 4x12.
        really? not to my ears. both fine amps but pretty different in my experience

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

really? not to my ears. both fine amps but pretty different in my experience
          Agreed. Totally different power tubes, EQ and speakers. A rectifier head and v30 cab sounds nothing like a plexi through greenbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Sure you can, everybody has a signature tone. What amp do you use to get that tone?
            I don’t have a signature tone, I guess it’s because I grew up playing indie/ Britpop/ Britrock, pop-punk, grunge, post-grunge, nu-metal, classic rock, ‘80s rock, stoner/ sludge, hardcore.....

Comment

What a sad life

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post

I don’t have a signature tone, I guess it’s because I grew up playing indie/ Britpop/ Britrock, pop-punk, grunge, post-grunge, nu-metal, classic rock, ‘80s rock, stoner/ sludge, hardcore.....
                What? No blooze?
                Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

Comment

Anyone who's ever heard me play, knows that I don't have a signature sound.
                  I await the flames.

Comment

Anyone who's ever heard me play, knows that I don't have a signature sound.
                    I await the flames.

Nah, too easy. It's like fish in a barrel these days.
                    I miss the '80s (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

You obviously haven't heard me play.

Comment

You obviously haven't heard me play.

I was thinking that your preferred pedal is what usually provoked the flames; not your playing.

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post

What? No blooze?
                          I’m shocking at the blues; my dad, on the other hand, plays some nice slide on his resonator.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

I was thinking that your preferred pedal is what usually provoked the flames; not your playing.
                            Plus I can't judge anyone on their pedal choices since I'm still sitting on my Diamondhead that was my 2019 Christmas present. I really need to bust that thing out. I also tend to buy another amp, instead of a pedal, when I need more/less gain or some different tones.

Comment

Rectifier. 90's era rectifier can do me fine without a boost if tubed correctly.
                              With the newer models (3-channel era) I would need a boost but could get by with just active pickups pushing that extra compression).

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                                Rectifier. 90's era rectifier can do me fine without a boost if tubed correctly.
                                With the newer models (3-channel era) I would need a boost but could get by with just active pickups pushing that extra compression).
                                Have you tried a "Rectifier Reborn"/Multiwatt model? Tightest/brightest Rectos I've ever played through, tighter than the Rev Es and Fs I've played for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X