My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

• Originally posted by Azzogthoth View Post
      I used to have a really nice 72 Ampeg V4 with a Tom Scholz Power Soak that sounded great. But it ate tubes like they were going out of style. I wanted to keep her, but couldn't afford to feed it. It needed to be cranked to get peak distortion. But man. Think Supernaut.
      I had a Ampeg V4 1/2 stack back in '74. man, talk about tone. and decibels lol.

Comment

• Marshall Vintage Modern with matching 4x12 for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karloff View Post

I had a Ampeg V4 1/2 stack back in '74. man, talk about tone. and decibels lol.
          I have an Ampeg V4 cab I turned into a bass cab, sounds freaking great.

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

This looks like one loud cab!
            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

I can't believe I used to lug that thing around ...

Comment

• I can't do this.
                The more gear you buy, and the more often you buy the gear, the less often the music is made.

Comment

• Not even kidding, I'd take the Fender Bassbreaker 007

I absolutely love that little guy!

The gain on it sounds absolutely gorgeous, and it cleans up shockingly well with the volume knob, so you won't need a second channel – the volume knob on a Les Paul or HSS strat will get you anything from sparkling cleans to Appetite era GNR.

Its tiny and portable, so you can play it in your bedroom, or mic it up for a gig

The main issue I'd have with it is trying to get it to play over a heavy-handed rock drummer WITHOUT a PA, e.g. at a pickup jam or practice. Also, there's no effects loop, but I'm generally cool with that.__PRESENT
                  LP, Pearly Gates A6 bridge, Alnico II Pro neck A2
                  Strat, BKP True Grit bridge 'bucker A2, SSL6s middle/neck
                  Strat, Perpetual Burn A6 bridge, SSL6s middle/neck
                  Tele, Quarter Pound Tele bridge, Hot for Tele neck
                  Tele, Transition A6 bridge, Air Norton A4 neck
                  SG Special, Lead Mini A6, Rhythm Mini A4
                  Jackson V, 500T bridge, 498T A2 neck
                  RG, EVO2 A6 bridge, FRED A4 Neck

Comment

• Originally posted by zizyphus View Post
                    Not even kidding, I'd take the Fender Bassbreaker 007

I absolutely love that little guy!

The gain on it sounds absolutely gorgeous, and it cleans up shockingly well with the volume knob, so you won't need a second channel – the volume knob on a Les Paul or HSS strat will get you anything from sparkling cleans to Appetite era GNR.

Its tiny and portable, so you can play it in your bedroom, or mic it up for a gig

The main issue I'd have with it is trying to get it to play over a heavy-handed rock drummer WITHOUT a PA, e.g. at a pickup jam or practice. Also, there's no effects loop, but I'm generally cool with that.__PRESENT
                    The Bassbreaker is an amp I know little or nothing about. I gotta check one out.
                    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

• Fender bassbreaker 15w high gain channel. It makes me say "damn"
                      Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

• Probably the only guy alive that would choose a Carvin but that's the one for me.

Vintage 33. Modified the second channel with a few of the Hasserl mods, put in a matched quad of Gold Lions and replaced the preamp tubes with Tung-Sol 12AX7s. I also replaced the stock speaker with an Eminence Governor and added the matching extension cab that I put an Eminence Wizard in.

The dirty channel on that thing is like a Plexi and a 5e3 had a bastard child that came out of the womb with tattoos, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Interestingly, it cleans up remarkably well with the guitars volume control.

Comment

• OR50

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                          Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                          The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

• I don't know enough to say thats why I'm here reading everyone else's ideas to try to learn lol. Whatever gives me that metallica riffing distortion and palm muting. Master of puppets or something similar. Yeah I know they used mesa this and marshal that but I'd try something more modern maybe if I got the chance. With active pups and probably the esp I could never afford

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
                              Probably the only guy alive that would choose a Carvin but that's the one for me.

Vintage 33. Modified the second channel with a few of the Hasserl mods, put in a matched quad of Gold Lions and replaced the preamp tubes with Tung-Sol 12AX7s. I also replaced the stock speaker with an Eminence Governor and added the matching extension cab that I put an Eminence Wizard in.

The dirty channel on that thing is like a Plexi and a 5e3 had a bastard child that came out of the womb with tattoos, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Interestingly, it cleans up remarkably well with the guitars volume control.
                              I have a Belair that i just adore
                              and my buddy keeps trying to trade me his 70s Twin for it

Only thing is
                              At the house, below one is inaudible
                              at two the volume is BLARING loud

Aound seven is where it has its sweet spot
                              But you cant stand in a small room with it
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

• Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

I have a Belair that i just adore
                                and my buddy keeps trying to trade me his 70s Twin for it

Only thing is
                                At the house, below one is inaudible
                                at two the volume is BLARING loud

Aound seven is where it has its sweet spot
                                But you cant stand in a small room with it
                                Yeah, the Belair is definitely the bigger brother of mine. The Vintage 33 makes about 33 watts and has a single 12".

It's right in the sweet spot for moving between home and out in the world. Adding the second cab helps when I need more volume. It does well at home but I have a large music room in my basement that is finished and soundproofed. Don't really have to worry about the neighbors. My experience is probably different than someone who lives in an apartment or has close neighbors to piss off.

Also, I love the clean channel! It's really clear and detailed like a Fender but without the brittleness or harshness in the treble range.

The mods on mine only affect the dirty channel and they totally transformed the drive characteristics. It's like a hot rodded, vintage Marshall but more rude sounding.

Best of all worlds for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X