Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascension
    replied
    Bought this one from Brad Whitford. Got in a financial mess and unfortunately had to sell it to save my house with a few other pieces.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ascension

LOVE those amps and I once owned the ultimate Prosonic head. 100 watter with Reverb and a Bruce Zinky one off!
    What was the deal with these amps? What did they sound like?

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogner View Post

One amp, no pedals. One tone, the amp can have 50 channels but you are using it for one tone. Your favorite tone. Straight amp, pick one.
    Easy the Archon. Owned about anything you can name but the Archon fluid responsive high gain tone and feel still floors me every time I play through. And that is after owning and playing if for over a year..

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    That's just it, I don't just like ridiculous high gain. Or just clean. I like everything in-between. Along with delay, modulation and wah.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    This new Boogie Mark V amp I got goes to both extremes (pristine to full nuclear) most functionality best for in between - -it's a good candidate for a versatile desert island amp with clean, OD and distortion without pedals

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

I was thinking that your preferred pedal is what usually provoked the flames; not your playing.
    That's just it, I don't just like ridiculous high gain. Or just clean. I like everything in-between. Along with delay, modulation and wah.

Leave a comment:

• PS412
    replied
    Easy. This:

Click image for larger version

Name:	qblducgtlf4hywowd25y.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	6087757

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post

really? not to my ears. both fine amps but pretty different in my experience
    It does to me because I had just played Santana's at the Plant about 1994 and immediately went out to the stores looking to find something that sounded like it. The Dual Recto was the closest at the time. It just didn't clean up when I backed off the volume. But it howled like the afterburner of a jet, which is what the broken in straight cab with the 100w head into it sounded like.
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 06-13-2021, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    a pro reverb on 8 with celestions is gonna be way louder than i could use at most gigs but that tone would get me though most things

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    '68 Marshall Plexi with matching 1960B 4x12 straight cab
    ▲ ▲ ▲ This. As long as I could play it good and loud, that would do for me.

Great core tone, sweet sustain, excellent touch-responsiveness and a broad spectrum of cleanup.

After all, nothing was specified about portability, roadworthiness, or volume constraints.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Originally posted by Cynical View Post
    Have you tried a "Rectifier Reborn"/Multiwatt model? Tightest/brightest Rectos I've ever played through, tighter than the Rev Es and Fs I've played for sure.
    Got me a custom triple-multi back in mid 2011. It was just before they hiked the price so even with the black-tolex front and all black vents it was under 2k.

Yes it's tighter and can be really bright for sure if you need it to be. I really like that aspect when it comes to vintage and raw modes too, however I still like using a boost with it to shape the EQ and attack.

It's still an awesome amp without any boost, and it's about perfect like that for most stuff, but the boost can add that hint of sizzle and slop I go for sometimes while still remaining very fast feeling. The amp's gain up high can get all that but the lows start dragging just a bit. Depends on the pickups too obviously.

Last edited by dave74; 06-13-2021, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cynical
    replied
    Originally posted by dave74 View Post
    Rectifier. 90's era rectifier can do me fine without a boost if tubed correctly.
    With the newer models (3-channel era) I would need a boost but could get by with just active pickups pushing that extra compression).
    Have you tried a "Rectifier Reborn"/Multiwatt model? Tightest/brightest Rectos I've ever played through, tighter than the Rev Es and Fs I've played for sure.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Rectifier. 90's era rectifier can do me fine without a boost if tubed correctly.
    With the newer models (3-channel era) I would need a boost but could get by with just active pickups pushing that extra compression).

Leave a comment:

• JamesPaul
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

I was thinking that your preferred pedal is what usually provoked the flames; not your playing.
    Plus I can't judge anyone on their pedal choices since I'm still sitting on my Diamondhead that was my 2019 Christmas present. I really need to bust that thing out. I also tend to buy another amp, instead of a pedal, when I need more/less gain or some different tones.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWhizz
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

What? No blooze?
    I’m shocking at the blues; my dad, on the other hand, plays some nice slide on his resonator.

Leave a comment:

• JamesPaul
    replied
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    You obviously haven't heard me play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X