One Amp, One Sound For Life - No Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesa Mark something... or an AC30.
    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post

Maybe you could get the Tone Master one to add to your DR...
      Never know! I really love the Deluxe...
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Still no word on whether a footswich is considered a "pedal". If it is, does that mean one's choice is limited to a single channel amp?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Peavey JSX
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Of everything I have ever owned or played so far it would have to be a 100 watt PRS Archon. Solid usable cleans and that fluid expressive crunch side is just SO addictive. Owned my 50 just over a year now and it still blows me away every time I play through it.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              Still no word on whether a footswich is considered a "pedal". If it is, does that mean one's choice is limited to a single channel amp?

If it is would be a Marshall JCM 900 MK III Dual Master Volume head.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

One amp, no pedals. One tone, the amp can have 50 channels but you are using it for one tone. Your favorite tone. Straight amp, pick one.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Combo or head+cab, does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

If it is would be a Marshall JCM 900 MK III Dual Master Volume head.
                    Same. I wish Marshall would reissue it.

Comment

This question bothers me.

I can get my sound pretty much with any amp and a Boss SD-1.

But I'm not allowed to use a pedal.

So it needs to be an amp with an extra gain stage and flexible EQ.

Without the SD-1, I think the best for me would be a Peavey JSX. I loved that amp until I realized I could get that sound from pretty much any amp by using an SD-1 pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianSD View Post
                        Combo or head+cab, does it matter?
                        One amp, no pedals. I was initially thinking a head vs. combo when I created this thread but didn't specify it as such. We all have a favorite sound and an amp that provides that sound. What is it for you. In this case, channel switching is irrelevant. Master volume or no master volume is irrelevant. 50 or 100 watts, irrelevant. I know every detail accounts for the sound but et's just stick with the amp for this scenario.
                        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I had used a Dirty Shirley when they first came out, and it was exceptional. I can see that happening.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I would have to say it would be my JCM 2000. But picking one tone would be tricky seeing that the amp has 4 distinct voices and many parameters within those voices. If I had to park it in one setting it would be the Lead 1 position which is a hot-rodded JCM 800 2203 tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I had used a Dirty Shirley when they first came out, and it was exceptional. I can see that happening.
                              Nice amp for sure! Did you ever pick up the pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                                I would have to say it would be my JCM 2000. But picking one tone would be tricky seeing that the amp has 4 distinct voices and many parameters within those voices. If I had to park it in one setting it would be the Lead 1 position which is a hot-rodded JCM 800 2203 tone.
                                You can get a lot done with that sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X