No announcement yet.

One Amp, One Sound For Life - No Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a pro reverb on 8 with celestions is gonna be way louder than i could use at most gigs but that tone would get me though most things

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

really? not to my ears. both fine amps but pretty different in my experience
      It does to me because I had just played Santana's at the Plant about 1994 and immediately went out to the stores looking to find something that sounded like it. The Dual Recto was the closest at the time. It just didn't clean up when I backed off the volume. But it howled like the afterburner of a jet, which is what the broken in straight cab with the 100w head into it sounded like.
      Last edited by beaubrummels; 06-13-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Easy. This:

Click image for larger version

Name:	qblducgtlf4hywowd25y.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	6087757

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

I was thinking that your preferred pedal is what usually provoked the flames; not your playing.
          That's just it, I don't just like ridiculous high gain. Or just clean. I like everything in-between. Along with delay, modulation and wah.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            That's just it, I don't just like ridiculous high gain. Or just clean. I like everything in-between. Along with delay, modulation and wah.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
            This new Boogie Mark V amp I got goes to both extremes (pristine to full nuclear) most functionality best for in between - -it's a good candidate for a versatile desert island amp with clean, OD and distortion without pedals
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

One amp, no pedals. One tone, the amp can have 50 channels but you are using it for one tone. Your favorite tone. Straight amp, pick one.
              Easy the Archon. Owned about anything you can name but the Archon fluid responsive high gain tone and feel still floors me every time I play through. And that is after owning and playing if for over a year..
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension

LOVE those amps and I once owned the ultimate Prosonic head. 100 watter with Reverb and a Bruce Zinky one off!
                What was the deal with these amps? What did they sound like?
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Bought this one from Brad Whitford. Got in a financial mess and unfortunately had to sell it to save my house with a few other pieces.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

What was the deal with these amps? What did they sound like?
                    The Prosonics were pretty unique amps for Fender. Bruce Zinky creations with a triple rec set up and 60 watt Class A/B normally. They had really sweet warm cleans and a firebreathing high gain. Owned a number of them over the years. the Red one off was a 100 watt Prosonic Tonemester hybrid with a Prosinic combo pre section and a Tonemaster power section. Zinky hand built it in the Custom Shop and gave to Brad Whitford. I bought it directly from Brad still had the Property of Aerosmith inventory sticker on the back when I sold it.. May well have been the best sounding high headroom clean amp I have ever heard.
                    Recorded the guitar tracks here with it at a local studio using my Washburn USA MG 102.
                    Last edited by Ascension; 06-13-2021, 08:31 PM.
                    Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

The Prosonics were pretty unique amps for Fender. Bruce Zinky creations with a triple rec set up and 60 watt Class A/B normally. They had really sweet warm cleans and a firebreathing high gain. Owned a number of them over the years. the Red one off was a 100 watt Prosonic Tonemester hybrid with a Prosinic pre section an a Tonemaster power section. Zinky hand built it in the Custom Shop and gave to Brad Whitford. I bought it directly from Brad still had the Property of Aerosmith inventory sticker on the back when I sold it.. May well have been the best sounding high headroom clean amp I have ever heard.
                      Recorded the guitar tracks here with it at a local studio using my Washburn USA MG 102.
                      Well that sounds like something I'd like. I will have to try one of them out.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

This new Boogie Mark V amp I got goes to both extremes (pristine to full nuclear) most functionality best for in between - -it's a good candidate for a versatile desert island amp with clean, OD and distortion without pedals
                        For the purposes of this thread, you have to dial that bad boy in to one tone, and never touch the settings again

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well that sounds like something I'd like. I will have to try one of them out.
                          Cleans are not pristine they are warm round and have some nice breakup when you dig in very expressive in particular in the 30 watt class A mode. The gain side is a little different to dial in for a Fender as it has 2 separate gain controls. Takes a little time to understand but once you understand them they are fine amps! Have owned a number of them 2 combos and at least 3 heads over the years.
                          Here is a clip live with my true LO SN CS 1 /12 combo. https://app.box.com/shared/k8lvjisore. Wish I would have kept that one in particular.
                          They were all 2/10 combos as production amps but Bruce did a few from the Arizona Shop as 1/12's as that was what he wanted the amp to be as the designer.
                          Another live clip different outdoor event recorded with a little Sony personal recorder setting in a chair front row running the red 100 watt Prosonic head a Avatar 2/12 and my amp was not miced. https://app.box.com/s/os9ra20ogzxs56xo02z1fwxriwf73ncv
                          Last edited by Ascension; 06-14-2021, 08:48 AM.
                          Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post

For the purposes of this thread, you have to dial that bad boy in to one tone, and never touch the settings again
                            How many various groups of setting do you need for your main core tone? When you and that core tone and settings you usually would leave the settings as is if you were happy with what you found right?
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Personally, I like a 3-channel amp setup, so I can get (pushed-)clean, medium rock, and hard rock/ metal. Then pretty much leave the settings.

Comment

I guess I'd just have to make a non-boosted JCM800 work.

Comment

Working...
                                X