One Amp, One Sound For Life - No Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily it doesn't have to be so...

Maybe my Bugie (Bugera ) 333XL Infinium. I don't record with it at home much for some reason, but it's my go to amp for messing around on the couch & jamming with & I've probably carted it along to more gigs than any of my other ones...I guess it's my old faithful. Almost never use any pedals with it.. the onboard reverb is more than I need. Sounds godly & contrary to popular opinion it's been reliable as ****. Never once let me down

Here it is in a raw/rough mix of one of my band's tracks (no post production)

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Played one of my PRS Amps outdoors for the first time Saturday night. It was under a tent on a sloppy rainy night so I took the little MT 15 out with my little Egnater Tweeker 1/12 running a old 90's GT 12 75 not the Archon with my 2/12. Just pulled it out of the trunk set it up with everything at noon on the controls and got this.
      Considering how much better the Archon sounds head to head with the MT 15 it reinforced my decision that it absolutely has to be the Archon for me. Played out Friday night with the Boogie Subway in a small room and it was nice, Sunday morning with the Boogie F 30 and then Saturday with the MT 15 recorded all 3 sets . The PRS amps for me just have the feel and tone I have always wanted in my head but could never get in real life from anything till now.

Last edited by Ascension; 06-16-2021, 01:12 AM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
        I guess I'd just have to make a non-boosted JCM800 work.
        I could think of a whole lot of worse ways to go.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Rivera TBR-1SL, which I've owned for over 20 years and will own forever.
          And then...someone else will own it.
          Because I'll be dead then.
          But not until then.
          How long is forever, exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            '68 Marshall Plexi with matching 1960B 4x12 straight cab
            Ditto.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, at the moment....

My Mesa Stiletto Deuce has been giving me exactly that for a few years.

Diode Rectifier
              Bold Mode
              50 watt
              Lead Channel
              Tite Gain setting

To be fair - this amp has: Diode/Tube Rectifiers, Bold/Spongy modes, 50/100watt power, and two channels each with three modes: Clean/Fat Clean/Crunch, Crunch/Tite/Fluid Gain options. That's 24 combinations of clean channel or gain channel. So if you can't find SOMETHING that works for you...
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Well, at the moment....

My Mesa Stiletto Deuce has been giving me exactly that for a few years.

Diode Rectifier
                Bold Mode
                50 watt
                Lead Channel
                Tite Gain setting

To be fair - this amp has: Diode/Tube Rectifiers, Bold/Spongy modes, 50/100watt power, and two channels each with three modes: Clean/Fat Clean/Crunch, Crunch/Tite/Fluid Gain options. That's 24 combinations of clean channel or gain channel. So if you can't find SOMETHING that works for you...
                Ok, now, according to the OP, choose one of those combinations to live with as your signature sound. Without any pedals.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

The best amp I ever tried was a Soldano Hot Rod 50+, and although I didn't get to spend much time with it, I suspect that it would do the trick. The Marshall JVM series, which is chock full with useful features in its own, would also work, as would a rig based around an ADA MP-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    Ok, now, according to the OP, choose one of those combinations to live with as your signature sound. Without any pedals.

I did - That list show it. Diode, Bold, 50 watt, tide gain...
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Mode Four.

But I could also be happy with JVM, TSL, egnater Armageddon, or even a 6505
                      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

My Marshall JVM410H full stack with G12T-75 loaded 4x12 cabinets works for me.

Comment

My Jube has done me well for many a year and more to come. Never parting with it
                          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                          Jackson Soloist 7 string
                          ESP LTD M-400
                          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                            My Marshall JVM410H full stack with G12T-75 loaded 4x12 cabinets works for me.
                            I want that.

Comment

I could do with my Lines Spidervalve head into either my 4x12 or 2x12. But there's no way that I would forego the footswitch and the options that it gives.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X