One Amp, One Sound For Life - No Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Karloff View Post

I had a Ampeg V4 1/2 stack back in '74. man, talk about tone. and decibels lol.
    I have an Ampeg V4 cab I turned into a bass cab, sounds freaking great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

This looks like one loud cab!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

I can't believe I used to lug that thing around ...

Comment

• I can't do this.
          The more gear you buy, and the more often you buy the gear, the less often the music is made.

Comment

• Not even kidding, I'd take the Fender Bassbreaker 007

I absolutely love that little guy!

The gain on it sounds absolutely gorgeous, and it cleans up shockingly well with the volume knob, so you won't need a second channel – the volume knob on a Les Paul or HSS strat will get you anything from sparkling cleans to Appetite era GNR.

Its tiny and portable, so you can play it in your bedroom, or mic it up for a gig

The main issue I'd have with it is trying to get it to play over a heavy-handed rock drummer WITHOUT a PA, e.g. at a pickup jam or practice. Also, there's no effects loop, but I'm generally cool with that.__PRESENT
            Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
            Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
            Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
            Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
            Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
            Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
            Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
            Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
            Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
            PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

• Originally posted by zizyphus View Post
              Not even kidding, I'd take the Fender Bassbreaker 007

I absolutely love that little guy!

The gain on it sounds absolutely gorgeous, and it cleans up shockingly well with the volume knob, so you won't need a second channel – the volume knob on a Les Paul or HSS strat will get you anything from sparkling cleans to Appetite era GNR.

Its tiny and portable, so you can play it in your bedroom, or mic it up for a gig

The main issue I'd have with it is trying to get it to play over a heavy-handed rock drummer WITHOUT a PA, e.g. at a pickup jam or practice. Also, there's no effects loop, but I'm generally cool with that.__PRESENT
              The Bassbreaker is an amp I know little or nothing about. I gotta check one out.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Fender bassbreaker 15w high gain channel. It makes me say "damn"
                Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

• Probably the only guy alive that would choose a Carvin but that's the one for me.

Vintage 33. Modified the second channel with a few of the Hasserl mods, put in a matched quad of Gold Lions and replaced the preamp tubes with Tung-Sol 12AX7s. I also replaced the stock speaker with an Eminence Governor and added the matching extension cab that I put an Eminence Wizard in.

The dirty channel on that thing is like a Plexi and a 5e3 had a bastard child that came out of the womb with tattoos, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Interestingly, it cleans up remarkably well with the guitars volume control.

Comment

• OR50

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

• I don't know enough to say thats why I'm here reading everyone else's ideas to try to learn lol. Whatever gives me that metallica riffing distortion and palm muting. Master of puppets or something similar. Yeah I know they used mesa this and marshal that but I'd try something more modern maybe if I got the chance. With active pups and probably the esp I could never afford

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
                        Probably the only guy alive that would choose a Carvin but that's the one for me.

Vintage 33. Modified the second channel with a few of the Hasserl mods, put in a matched quad of Gold Lions and replaced the preamp tubes with Tung-Sol 12AX7s. I also replaced the stock speaker with an Eminence Governor and added the matching extension cab that I put an Eminence Wizard in.

The dirty channel on that thing is like a Plexi and a 5e3 had a bastard child that came out of the womb with tattoos, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Interestingly, it cleans up remarkably well with the guitars volume control.
                        I have a Belair that i just adore
                        and my buddy keeps trying to trade me his 70s Twin for it

Only thing is
                        At the house, below one is inaudible
                        at two the volume is BLARING loud

Aound seven is where it has its sweet spot
                        But you cant stand in a small room with it
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

• Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

I have a Belair that i just adore
                          and my buddy keeps trying to trade me his 70s Twin for it

Only thing is
                          At the house, below one is inaudible
                          at two the volume is BLARING loud

Aound seven is where it has its sweet spot
                          But you cant stand in a small room with it
                          Yeah, the Belair is definitely the bigger brother of mine. The Vintage 33 makes about 33 watts and has a single 12".

It's right in the sweet spot for moving between home and out in the world. Adding the second cab helps when I need more volume. It does well at home but I have a large music room in my basement that is finished and soundproofed. Don't really have to worry about the neighbors. My experience is probably different than someone who lives in an apartment or has close neighbors to piss off.

Also, I love the clean channel! It's really clear and detailed like a Fender but without the brittleness or harshness in the treble range.

The mods on mine only affect the dirty channel and they totally transformed the drive characteristics. It's like a hot rodded, vintage Marshall but more rude sounding.

Best of all worlds for me!

Comment

• Is there anything with 3 channels (1) Fender clean-like (2) High gain Marshall that is open and articulated great for classic metal and hard rock but cleans up nicely (3) A lead channel with thickness and sustain... and don't forget the FX loop.
                            Who took my guitar?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                              Is there anything with 3 channels (1) Fender clean-like (2) High gain Marshall that is open and articulated great for classic metal and hard rock but cleans up nicely (3) A lead channel with thickness and sustain... and don't forget the FX loop.
                              There are several amps available that can meet those needs. I will list a few.

Mesa Mark V
                              Mesa Triple Crown
                              Diezel Hagan
                              Diezel VH4
                              Diezel Herbert
                              Bogner Helios Eclipse
                              Bogner XTC
                              Revv Generator 120 MK III
                              Suhr PT 100
                              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	leslie.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	6099243
                                The things that you wanted
                                I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                                X