• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AD673DE0-8AF0-493E-A16D-224FCD38C591.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	6094905

My older Cornford MK50h and old orange 4x12 (both retolexed by yours truly)…. It ain’t going anywhere. I’ve tried many amps, and bought a MesaMK5 thinking it would knock it off too spot. The Mesa has gone and MY boy stays!
    I had a Hellcat and a MK (White Chassis) that I sold and wish I hadn't. I do still have my Cornford Kotzen head and will keep it forever. Tolex looks nice!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I used to have a really nice 72 Ampeg V4 with a Tom Scholz Power Soak that sounded great. But it ate tubes like they were going out of style. I wanted to keep her, but couldn't afford to feed it. It needed to be cranked to get peak distortion. But man. Think Supernaut.

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AD673DE0-8AF0-493E-A16D-224FCD38C591.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	6094905

My older Cornford MK50h and old orange 4x12 (both retolexed by yours truly)…. It ain’t going anywhere. I’ve tried many amps, and bought a MesaMK5 thinking it would knock it off too spot. The Mesa has gone and MY boy stays!

Leave a comment:

• Drak
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Well, at the moment....
    My Mesa Stiletto Deuce has been giving me exactly that for a few years.

Diode Rectifier
    Bold Mode
    50 watt
    Lead Channel
    Tite Gain setting

To be fair - this amp has: Diode/Tube Rectifiers, Bold/Spongy modes, 50/100watt power, and two channels each with three modes: Clean/Fat Clean/Crunch, Crunch/Tite/Fluid Gain options. That's 24 combinations of clean channel or gain channel. So if you can't find SOMETHING that works for you...
    Read the owners manual for the Rivera TBR-1SL some day then get back to me about options and potential combinations .
    I'll never use half of what that thing is capable of.
    And its rack-mountable.

Leave a comment:

• Kac
    replied
    Mark V

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    I could do with my Lines Spidervalve head into either my 4x12 or 2x12. But there's no way that I would forego the footswitch and the options that it gives.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    I've got the same board. It's great. Volume on the right, Wah on the left. I'd like to hear how the Spidervalve sounds compared to the Vetta.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have a Line 6 Vetta HD, but it would be useless without the long board. I guess I would have to go with a Bugera Trirec. I heard a comparison with a Triple Rectifier and to MY ears the Bugera sounded better. Most others agreed. I don't get Line 6 every time they come out with an amp that people love, it's discontinued.

Leave a comment:

• Jigsisme
    replied
    CornFord MK50 has been my go to.

Leave a comment:

• JMP/HBE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    I could do with my Lines Spidervalve head into either my 4x12 or 2x12. But there's no way that I would forego the footswitch and the options that it gives.

Leave a comment:

• Top-L
    replied
    Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    My Marshall JVM410H full stack with G12T-75 loaded 4x12 cabinets works for me.
    I want that.

Leave a comment:

• Hsb
    replied
    My Jube has done me well for many a year and more to come. Never parting with it

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied
    My Marshall JVM410H full stack with G12T-75 loaded 4x12 cabinets works for me.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Thrash_Metal
    replied
    Mode Four.

But I could also be happy with JVM, TSL, egnater Armageddon, or even a 6505

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Ok, now, according to the OP, choose one of those combinations to live with as your signature sound. Without any pedals.

I did - That list show it. Diode, Bold, 50 watt, tide gain...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X