X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    id have to dig into things for a real answer since i havent been looking at amps much since i have so many toys. i want a fender bf reverb style sound and also a tweed/plexi style sound with a boost on both channels and power scaling. if i can only have one amp, it needs to be 50w at least. 1x12 combo but with speaker outs to be able to add another cab.

if i only get one sound, i want an old pro reverb with celestions, turned up to 8.
    That dog will hunt! Nice!!

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    For this thought experiment I get to only use one tonal setting from one amp? In this case I’d probably choose the high gain channel from either the Friedman Smallbox or BE100, despite not owning either right now. Set correctly they clean up and have a great gain tone.
    One sound, one amp, no pedals. It can be any sound you want but you only get one sound.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    id have to dig into things for a real answer since i havent been looking at amps much since i have so many toys. i want a fender bf reverb style sound and also a tweed/plexi style sound with a boost on both channels and power scaling. if i can only have one amp, it needs to be 50w at least. 1x12 combo but with speaker outs to be able to add another cab.

if i only get one sound, i want an old pro reverb with celestions, turned up to 8.

Leave a comment:

• LLL
    replied
    I would have said "plexi", but there are times when I need 80's hair (beyond my actual hair).

Based on the tone from the UAD plugin, I'd have to go with a Suhr SE-100.

Which is a hot-rodded Marshall Plexi tone (Doug Aldrich type).

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    A Marshall, no question. But I would have to sit through the current lineup to decide which one. The DSL's are really good these days and the JVM is really versatile.
    Then there is the 5150 III which is a superb amp.

One??? You bastard!! LMAO!!!!!!

In the end I'd most likely lean towards the Marshall DSL.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    '68 Marshall Plexi with matching 1960B 4x12 straight cab

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    For this thought experiment I get to only use one tonal setting from one amp? In this case I’d probably choose the high gain channel from either the Friedman Smallbox or BE100, despite not owning either right now. Set correctly they clean up and have a great gain tone.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    started a topic One Amp, One Sound For Life - No Pedals

One Amp, One Sound For Life - No Pedals

You get one amp for your one sound. What amp is the best for you for that sound?

Bogner Uberschall
Working...
X