Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with my Stage Rig!

Hey folks,

I am trying to figure out how to do my stage rig where the speaker cabinet is leaning back.

I have:
    1936 style cab
    6 space shallow rack
    Amp head

My original thought was to go with the Quik-Lok stand for 2 combo amps or a speaker cab and an amp head, but the rack kinda complicates that.

Another thought I've had is a couple of amp wedges (1 under speaker cab and one pointing the other direction under the amp head/rack) then cover every contact surface between the wedges and the amp head/rack with pedal board hook and loop.

Then I've also given thought to the large Fender Legs on the speaker cab and the piggyback hardware then finding somewhere else to sit the rack (which would be a pain on stages around here).

Any input much appreciated!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210617-211629_Chrome.jpg Views:	12 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	6088997

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1623983079850.jpg Views:	12 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	6088996
    Last edited by Oldfart_Shredman; 06-17-2021, 09:23 PM.

WIth live setups the fewer components and cables the better. I would also find a way to secure the stuff in that rack.

Comment

This stand https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...back-amp-stand looks like it could be used for the head and rack since it doesn't have too much of an angle angle. Otherwise, a small folding table would be both light and easily transported.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        WIth live setups the fewer components and cables the better. I would also find a way to secure the stuff in that rack.
        Really can't be seen in the photo but all is very secure in the rack: they're heavy duty wire tied down to the rack shelf and they're black. If you zoom in you can see the 2 wire ties on the handle of the Tiny Terror.
        Last edited by Oldfart_Shredman; 06-17-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Do you have a road case for your cab? If so, I'd use the dual stand for cab & head and set the rack on the empty speaker case next to them.
          Even a head-sized road case can sometimes work fine for holding a smallish rack high enough to reach the controls.

My old rig at a rehearsal circa 1994, just before I switched over to a preamp/power amp setup.
          You can see my effects in a 6-space rack just like yours, sitting on top of the case from my Boogie head.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
            This stand https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...back-amp-stand looks like it could be used for the head and rack since it doesn't have too much of an angle angle. Otherwise, a small folding table would be both light and easily transported.
            That could be promising.

Comment

The amp head isn't on very well in this picture (no way I'd leave my rig like that) but this is the jist of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210617-225306_Chrome.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	6089011

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                Do you have a road case for your cab? If so, I'd use the dual stand for cab & head and set the rack on the empty speaker case next to them.
                Even a head-sized road case can sometimes work fine for holding a smallish rack high enough to reach the controls.

My old rig at a rehearsal circa 1994, just before I switched over to a preamp/power amp setup.
                You can see my effects in a 6-space rack just like yours, sitting on top of the case from my Boogie head.

I don't have a headcase for it yet but that's a great idea!

Comment

I am having a hard time imagining what all pieces in the rack do.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I am having a hard time imagining what all pieces in the rack do.
                    I'm running a stereo setup, and it is ironically realistic! The main amp head is 50 watts and the other stereo channel is being ran by the little 15W Tiny Terror (turned volume all the way up and use the gain knob for the volume), sooo just like alot of stereos these days one channel is alot weaker than the other channel.
                    The Tiny Terror is actually from the first year they came out!

Next to the Tiny Terror is a stand alone preamp I like to use for leads, then everything plugs into the power conditioner including my pedalboard via 25" IEC power cable.

I've got a pedalboard snake (6 quality instrument cables and the 25' IEC power cable) that takes care of all the cabling in one thing.

Last edited by Oldfart_Shredman; 06-18-2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X