No announcement yet.

NAD: Crate VC3112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why 12ay7 for v1 & v2? really lowering the gain?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      why 12ay7 for v1 & v2? really lowering the gain?
      Yeah I saw on other forums guys were trying lower gain preamp tubes to push the volume and keep it clean. Also trying to smooth out the gain channel. Another suggestion was clipping the bright cap on the clean channel volume pot but I’m going to leave it for now and test it with new tubes, speakers and cabinet

Comment

right on. a friend had one of these years ago and he got some good sounds out of it with his gibson nighthawk

Comment

When I was testing it stock, best tones were with a B Custom Cool overdrive pedal into clean channel.

Comment

he played straight in, i believe on the gain channel but with the gain set pretty low and used his volume control to get shades of clean to dirty. i like those barber pedals though

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	35AE231D-7F10-4FBE-A47B-FB3006AE5ABC.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	6090331 Still need some accent trim pieces but getting close

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	70445880-3919-4972-9F91-91FC788FA20B.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	6090333 Speakers in and wired up. Amp is still noisy and cuts out so I’m going to take it in for a proper run through. I’ve sprayed enough electronics cleaner in this to put another hole in the ozone and not getting anywhere. It sounds great when it’s running though

Comment

Amp needed $200 worth of work. No wonder an entire can of electronics spray couldn’t help it. Well, once I get it back it should really rock

Comment

What was wrong with it?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looks cool.

Comment

Bad pots, messed up reverb, loose tube sockets and overall cleaning. Beyond my capabilities. Sounded good before despite the issues and cutting out so I’m really looking forward to hearing the final results.

Comment

An overhaul like that should get rid of all the excess noise. Let us know how it sounds.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by t1r12003 View Post
                            Bad pots, messed up reverb, loose tube sockets and overall cleaning. Beyond my capabilities. Sounded good before despite the issues and cutting out so I’m really looking forward to hearing the final results.
                            Wow, its the whole hog. I bet it will sound great, though!
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                            X