Fargen sale alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fargen sale alert

Incredible price on a Ben Fargen blackface amp...

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Fargen sale alert

Haha i thought you were just talking like Roman Marone out of Johnny Dangerously!
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

wow...that's a freakin good deal...if I could spare that much cash right now...and I didn't have a Celtic amp on order, I might be tempted
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
        wow...that's a freakin good deal...if I could spare that much cash right now...and I didn't have a Celtic amp on order, I might be tempted
        Don't let me stop you. Seriously, no money has changed hands!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I've been floored with Fargen amps for a while now. If you want the best customer service available, you owe it to yourself to contact Ben Fargen. This man has gone above and beyond my wildest expectations.

I originally purchased my Epic 30 DC from him when it was discontinued. It was his special first dual channel amp he had ever made and had quite a history. I had heard rave reviews about him so I purchased it from him. Even though it was used, he looked it over, replaced parts, upgraded cables and cleaned all the electronics before shipping it.

A good 9 months later, he comes out with the VOS circuit. Unlike most builders, he offers an upgrade to the older amps. For those original owners (he considers me one because I purchased a used one direct from him), he offers a discount. Upgrades for an amp? That's unheard of

I ship the Epic 30 DC to him in September and it gets destroyed by UPS. He returned my e-mails and phone calls all within a very timely manner and we discussed how I was going to get my insurance claim money out of UPS. He was willing to take pictures of the damaged amp and write a letter concerning the value of the amplifier (considering he was the builder and knows it better than anyone else ) along with a note verifying that he is the legit builder.

Here's one of the best things. This amp claim process went on for a good month and a half. (This is the best part) He offers to fix it for FREE because he felt bad about the entire situation and wanted me to know that if UPS won't pay up for the damages, I won't be S.O.L.! I made sure to get the money from the claim. He only asked for a grand to repair it and wanted me to keep the rest of the claim money. I ended up giving him $1500 because he is such a great guy and I wanted to make sure it was really worth his time. Since I had some extra claim money, I figured this was the opportunity to get the amp completely decked out in every way possible.

He stayed in contact with me consistently to let me know the status of it, what was being redone on it and we talked on the phone about general gear, tones, the future of his company and what speakers will work for the newer voicing of the amp. He's such a great, down-to-earth, cool and professional guy! He completely rehauled my Epic 30 DC from the bottom up with new sockets, a brand new huge transformer (the old one had taken a hard hit by UPS), new cable in areas, complete electronics cleaning, some new caps, two sets of fresh tubes, a couple tweaks to the clean channel to offer a bit more headroom and his classic VOS mod on the overdrive channel.

The amp finally comes in the other day and the reverb didn't appear to be working. It ended up being a bad tube, but he had taken a hard look at what could be the reason why it was acting up and really went out of his way to help me (he even left me a voice message one day when he was away from the shop because he was sick). His customer service and devotion to his customers is unparalled

I recently noticed some intermittent issues with the old footswitch, so within the next week or two, he'll be sending me a new one with an LED so that I can see what channel I'm on. It simply doesn't get any better with the guy.

Scott, it looks like you're making an amazing product. If you can offer the level of customer service guys like Ben do, you WILL have some devoted customers
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
            Don't let me stop you. Seriously, no money has changed hands!

No way man..it's all good...I'm getting pretty cooked up about this amp..it's gonna be the PERFECT base for building a tone. Bare bones and simple...ya know?
            Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Working...
            X