X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I have the 100, wonderful amp!
    I'm looking forward to getting it. They're incredible amps
    Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Something Fender . . .

. . . 4X10 Bassman, Twin Reverb, or, or, or.

I am openminded at this point in time.
      Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

tweed bassman and twin reverb are very different sounding amps, had em both

Comment

The new Pro Reverb (in name only) looks interesting to me. I gotta try one.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mesa Boogie Mark V was my dream amp since it came out. Now that I've got one, I think i'm just shopping for cabinets now.
            ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
            2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
            Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Kac View Post
              Mesa Boogie Mark V was my dream amp since it came out. Now that I've got one, I think i'm just shopping for cabinets now.
              You'd think by now Mesa would've released a cab line specifically for the M-series amps. Maybe instead of having the smaller rectifier-traditional they should just call them mark cabs, since most mark users don't really want the oversize wide tone.

Comment

Friedman low wattage. Mini Dirty Shirley, Pink Taco or Runt 20. Anything he makes sounds good

Comment

There is a Crate amp down the road for $149 if it still there in two weeks when I get my commission check I will probably grab it. They are light, loud, and sound great. The amp can be heard above the drums and carried with one hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    There is a Crate amp down the road for $149 if it still there in two weeks when I get my commission check I will probably grab it. They are light, loud, and sound great. The amp can be heard above the drums and carried with one hand.

I think that an old friend of mine had one of those in the '80s.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one too!

You certainly need 2 hands to carry it. And a friend.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                        Dual Rec
                        Nice ride for sure. There are a lot of versions if you go used so some are better/different than others. Most need a boost to tighten the low end and help it along. It's a great sound when you get it right. The new Badlander is absolutely wonderful. Very tight, has a lot going for it.
                        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          I think that an old friend of mine had one of those in the '80s.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                          I think everyone had one in the 80s. My friend had one that was in my possession for a while that was a great jamming amp vs my Quad Reverb. It got above the drums and sounded great with an MXR D+. Don't know if I can walk away at that price.

Comment

If I buy another amp, it will be a DSL100HR. Maybe if I find a nice JSX to replace the one I sold I would buy it.

I remember loving that amp when I got it, but I also remember not missing it when it was gone.

Comment

Not really in the market for a new amp, but I would do have some I'd like to have if I had room and time for more.

Like the recent Marshall Studio series, they look like fun especially the SV 20 and the 20 W Jubilee, or something from Dr. Z for tones on the clean side.

I've also been looking at Henriksen Jazz amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have one of those in my music room right now. I bought it from a local pawn shop about 10 years ago and it's a fun little practice amp, but the volume pot is bad and it sticks about 1/2 way up.

Comment

Working...
                                X