What is your next amp going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your next amp going to be?

What amp is on your radar right now and will be your next amp purchase?
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

I am in sell mode with my amps. Perhaps I will sell one, regret it and then buy a replacement. For now, nothing is on my radar.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Marshall Jubilee

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
        I am in sell mode with my amps. Perhaps I will sell one, regret it and then buy a replacement. For now, nothing is on my radar.
        What are you selling?
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I've been pondering one of the Marshall Origin 20 heads. I've got an amp that does decent Fendery cleans, but it doesn't do the overdriven early Marshall sound.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as JamesPaul, but having said that, I'm chomping at the bit for one of those Boss Katana's that everyone's talking about. Maybe if I sell something, I may snag one.

Comment

Buying another amp isn't on the radar. But there are some bucket list amps I'd like to have/try. One is a VOX AC30 with separate head/cab and install the treble horn The Beatles used to use. Another is just an old hand-wired Super Lead 100 and matching cab with period-correct speakers. A '57 Bassman is on the bucket list.

Outside of that, would like to try an Egnator Tweaker. Would like to try a Splawn. Would like to try a Morgan. Also a Freidman 100. So many more out there

Comment

It was almost a Mezzabarba M-Zero Overdrive, but then rumors started circulating about layoffs at work and I decided it wouldn't prudent to buy it, even if it was a great deal (and there was one on Reverb that was). It ended up getting sold to someone else.

Comment

Marshall 2525 head and a 2x12 stackable cabinet.

2555 was my target sights (as in headed to the store to get it) when I accidentally saw my Mesa Stiletto.

Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

a '64 pro reverb is staring me in the face and calling my name

Comment

I do not need another guitar amp I feel I have all bases covered with what I have. I could use a more powerful bass head and have been looking at the Ampeg PF-500. There is no rush in getting it my Fender Bassman 100 is fine for home jamming.

Comment

Bogner Helios 100

The Marshall 1959HW and 1959BM have been in my periphery as well but I already have a 1959RR...

Comment

Realistically? ..maybe a Marshall DSL20

..already have 8 amps though, so I don't really need another
                          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Mesa Boogie TC50. It's in the works
                            Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Originally posted by gsammo79 View Post
                              Mesa Boogie TC50. It's in the works
                              I have the 100, wonderful amp!

Comment

Working...
                              X