Mesa Mark V continues to impress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Mark V continues to impress.

I'm a bassman circuit/ 70s Marshall dude traditionally -but gotta say, a Month in and this Mesa MkV 35 watt head with 2 V30 s in a Traynor slant cab is about as versatile and beautiful as it gets.

People come over and loose their sh*t on the tone and the various sounds I'm getting

We A/B'd 6 classic amps in the studio yesterday -and none of them could hang honestly

Suggest ya'll ninjas give one a try if you get the chance.
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 07-20-2021, 04:07 PM.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
    How do the Mark series differ sonically from the Dual and Triple Recs?
    Less attack, smoother -less compressed -more tone.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Now I want to play one. How much is this going to cost me?
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Is this the amp John Sykes used to record the Whitesnake album?
        And isn’t it also what Metallica used on Master of Puppets?

Comment

On Whitesnake and Blue Murder Sykes used a Colesium which is basically a 200W Mark III. If I decide to get another amp, these are on my short list.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            On Whitesnake and Blue Murder Sykes used a Colesium which is basically a 200W Mark III. If I decide to get another amp, these are on my short list.
            I can’t imagine saying “This Mark III here, I need even more power”.

Then again my Stereo 2:90 is like idling a dragster around a parking lot.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
              How do the Mark series differ sonically from the Dual and Triple Recs?
              Mark V has the classic Fender Tweed setting, classic Mark I, Mark IIc, and Mark IV and even "Extreme" nuclear channel (no negative feedback -basically unleased) amps buiit into one amp.
              Last edited by NegativeEase; 07-20-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                300 decibels?
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

The MKV25 combo goes for a bit over $1600. I’m seriously gasing for this one. Or the JPIIC head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post
                    The MKV25 combo goes for a bit over $1600. I’m seriously gasing for this one. Or the JPIIC head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Im using this one in 1000 seat venues mostly -so I went with the 35 watter -but the volume difference is negligible.

Comment

Yeah, that 35 watt version is a seriously cool amp. I love that it has an XLR out, too.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                        Is this the amp John Sykes used to record the Whitesnake album?
                        And isn’t it also what Metallica used on Master of Puppets?
                        Dunno bout Sykes, but Metallica used a Mark IIC+ slaved into a modded Marshall. So in short, no it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

Dunno bout Sykes, but Metallica used a Mark IIC+ slaved into a modded Marshall. So in short, no it isn't.
                          Yup…now that you say it, you’re right.
                          I knew it was a Mesa of some sort, just couldn’t remember what model.

Comment

Like all of my live amps, I did take off the metal Mesa badge though, they gotta pay for that advertisement....

Comment

Also, just want to say _i've never been a Mesa guy -except that old hotrodded Bassman twin ripoff they built their legacy on.

I say this to let you know, I would not have started this thread AT ALL if this MarkV 35 watt head wasn't truly spectacular.

It's special, I just cannot deny what Mesa has accomplished -so I will give them the respect they deserve.

Bonus, Several of my old big Marshall stacks are worth $$3-5k now and I don't really need them (I just need one Marshall for studio -not 4). so with this Mesa, I get to sell some vintage gear that that has become more of a historical liability and too old to tour or take to venues and make some $$$ too.

Comment

Working...
                              X