Vintage 30 Masterclass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage 30 Masterclass

I figure with all the talk we do about the V30, this might be topical to some.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

I heard about that video. Won’t click on it because I don’t want to help generate views.

All I’ll say is that if you set a Mesa V30 next to a regular V30 and look at them they’re obviously different. Mesa’s are machined. Regular V30s are cast. They appear to use different alloys. The glues are different.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

In a recent thread i started
      there was the part about the doping of the mesa v30
      Is different on the modern v30

There was some reason that Celestian got away from it
      But Mesa had it in their contract and Celestian had to comply for the ones that delivered to mesa

It was the same german dude that started made me to check on this

EDIT

Yep he even refers to the Jensen guy in that video

Last edited by ehdwuld; 08-21-2021, 05:13 PM.
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Calling them "Mesa-voiced" isn't quite accurate. It's OG standard-production specs.

The real first V30 is the Marshall OEM "vintage", then they decided to do a mass-production standard version with supposedly(?) small tweaks like the dope/glue.

Mesa liked it and it became their choice for the new cabs which were designed and built specifically to best augment that speaker model.

At the point when Celestion decided to once again make a couple changes (like the doping) Mesa said "Hey, we designed our cabs around your OG production V30, so we don't want a different variation at this point."

Celestion then said, "OK we see your point and agree to supply you with the original production design.".

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
          I heard about that video. Won’t click on it because I don’t want to help generate views.

All I’ll say is that if you set a Mesa V30 next to a regular V30 and look at them they’re obviously different. Mesa’s are machined. Regular V30s are cast. They appear to use different alloys. The glues are different.
          I didn't find anything egregious -is this baggage you have because of these people's other videos or history and not the content of this vid? (I don't know anything about them)

Also, I worked for Andy Sneap before -these guys in the video are correct (at least in my experience) V30s were what we used heavily.

We also tracked all drums first without the rest of the band -which was new to me at the time
          Last edited by NegativeEase; 08-22-2021, 09:31 AM.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude

I didn’t watch the video, so I don’t get any of your references.

If you’re reading more into it than what I’m saying then that’s your problem, not mine.
            huh? I'm just asking what about it makes you not want to give it a view? i didn't know if you didn't consider the channel good or reputable... if it's just that you don't want to spend the time fine. no big deal.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I do that with some YouTube content providers
              i choose not to support their platform

If he doesn't want to watch that's acceptable to me

If he doesn't go into detail about his reasoning
              That's ok to

But then i dont believe it would be fair to allow any credence to his evaluation of the video , unseen

That would be foolish
              EHD

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

But then i dont believe it would be fair to allow any credence to his evaluation of the video , unseen

That would be foolish
                I never evaluated the video. I made a statement about speakers.
                || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Ok
                  EHD

Comment

Yeah, I was just trying to ask if there was something about this content creator that was the reason for your not viewing

Because, in the past people have made similar statements about not wanting to give views because of reasons like that the creator is actually a paid infomercial, or gets backside for their opinions, or impartial or compromised etc etc -which if was the case I would appreciate the info too on a channel.

But it doesn't sound like this is the case -but why I was asking in the first place.

I don't want to put time or weight on a channel's opinion if they are not on the up and up.

Comment

The video has two solid people's opinions. Both experienced in many areas. I thought the video was great. YMMV
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                        The video has two solid people's opinions. Both experienced in many areas. I thought the video was great. YMMV
                        Thats the opinion I carry after watching as well. Several things they said I know to be very true in my experience as well.

Comment

Fantastic video. Many people think the Marshall Vintage has more upper mids and the Mesa V30 has more lower mids.

The micing insights of the angled speakers was very interesting.

I use 16 ohm Marshall Vintages and I don't find them scooped though as he said they are compared to 8 ohm. Maybe because I don't usually use a lot of gain.

Comment

Working...
                          X