Clear All

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Thanks
    mine came with the 8 ohm VL series 100 watt speakers
    they sound just fine

I just want to see if something different would be better

At the moment it is still super loud for home use
    I may just flip it
    Before you flip the amp might want to check out Ricks mods for those. He is an old friend and has done some amazing things with those amps.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      The Belairs I have owned had a pair of 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel for a 8 ohm load from the factory. You are using the set up that Carvin installed at the factory.
      The vintage series Carvin amps are voiced on the dark side in particular on the crunch side so need a brighter speaker. If you go Celestians the H 30 in particular would be a good speaker to look hard at and they work well with a Vin 30. I have owned several of those amps over the years in 1/12 Nomads, 2/12 Bellairs and the heads.
      I agree with this. The Carvins of this era were all pretty dark, so brighter speakers tend to work better than even the stock ones.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

ok so I put the V30 and the WGS veteran 30 in the Belair
        they sound very nice

I put the new Linebacker that came in today in the 1x15 cab

Bruce, is it normal for it to crackle and pop and cut out when new?

I may have done something wrong
        maybe I have the polarity backwards
        Last edited by ehdwuld; 09-13-2021, 03:35 PM.
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
        X