Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New harmony amps

I like this

I want to love them so much........ BUTTTTTT it is just another thing like Magnatone or Supro. The brand name was simply purchased by some conglomerate ( a company with a bunch of money ) and made to make make money off the name and nostalgia. It is NOT a Harmony amp as we remember them, it is simply an amp that is mass-produced that says Harmony.

What I will say is that I do appreciate how they are keeping it to the budget pricing they originally were sold at. Less than $600 for a base model amp is pretty cheap. That also means that it is certainly NOTHING like what an original Harmony was being made like.

The cold hard truth is that an amp made with minimal amounts of parts count CANNOT sound bad, in fact, they sound AMAZING!!!!! What sounds bad in those types of budget amps is the speaker and perhaps the transformers they use. In some cases, the corners cut to reduce price costs were cut in the power supply and the iron. There were so few parts in the rest of the circuit that it was hard to drop much more.

So yes, I love the sound and the overall vibe, I just have a hard time handing my money over to someone who bought the name just to make money off of it. It is not in the Sears catalog and made by Valco if you get what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewizard View Post
      I want to love them so much........ BUTTTTTT it is just another thing like Magnatone or Supro. The brand name was simply purchased by some conglomerate ( a company with a bunch of money ) and made to make make money off the name and nostalgia. It is NOT a Harmony amp as we remember them, it is simply an amp that is mass-produced that says Harmony.

What I will say is that I do appreciate how they are keeping it to the budget pricing they originally were sold at. Less than $600 for a base model amp is pretty cheap. That also means that it is certainly NOTHING like what an original Harmony was being made like.

The cold hard truth is that an amp made with minimal amounts of parts count CANNOT sound bad, in fact, they sound AMAZING!!!!! What sounds bad in those types of budget amps is the speaker and perhaps the transformers they use. In some cases, the corners cut to reduce price costs were cut in the power supply and the iron. There were so few parts in the rest of the circuit that it was hard to drop much more.

So yes, I love the sound and the overall vibe, I just have a hard time handing my money over to someone who bought the name just to make money off of it. It is not in the Sears catalog and made by Valco if you get what I mean.
      I get everything you are saying…..

Comment

Working...
      X