NAD : Marshall Valvestate 8100 with Peavey Supreme 4x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD : Marshall Valvestate 8100 with Peavey Supreme 4x12

My first large gear purchase in the US from Craigslist.
    This is a Marshall Valvestate 8100 from I believe 1992/1993, I bought this amp for my studio which I am in the process of setting up in Maryland.
    For those who are not aware or who think that all Valvestates are terrible, this amp was a incredibly important component of the early death metal and progressive metal scene being used by bands such as Cannibal Corpse on “The Bleeding” record, most of Death’s later discography as well as being used live by Meshuggah.
    It is incredibly dry/sterile sounding which leads to it having a very tight low end response. It it has a single 12AX7 preamp tube with a solid state power amp section. It’s 100 Watts and incredibly loud.
    I picked this up for $500 which sounds like a lot but this amps are becoming harder to come by, the peavey supreme 4x12 is a very heavy duty 4x12 rated at 300 Watts with their Blue Marvel speakers, the peavey supreme in conjunction with this amp gives it a tight yet very full sounding low end.

Hope you enjoy and appreciate it and feel free to follow my Instagram page at @corbinaudiosolutions as well as my website of the same name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guitars:
    Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
    PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
    ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
    Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
    Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
    Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
    Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
    Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
    Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Excellent combo. If you can't make that sound good the problem is you! The VS100R's are pretty awesome too. I have a 1x12 combo that is easy to dial in a lot of classic Marshall tones.

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

IIRC, Peavey paired that Supreme cabinet with the Supreme XL head. It was basically a 2 channel version of the XXL. The cabinet should be quite versatile, but definitely have a tight, full sounding low end.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Nice score. It is indeed the sound of early Death Metal.

I've had an AVT for a long time, which is also a decent amp. It's the 50w, so just reverb and two channels.
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Killer, congrats!

I actually bought an AVT150H some time ago hoping it would sound like an old 8100. It didn't, LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X