banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spend fair money on an amp you dont need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    doesnt $2800 seem a little high for this though? or am i just being silly
    well when I googled the Blackface Pro Reverb
    they are selling at a wide range of prices
    original 67 are anywhere between $1400 and $5375
    if you can play several and pick your amp there may be some value in that
    you can also play
    then Choose
    then dicker down toward $2K
    if its in good condition and you have chosen it from a few
    then that may be a sweet number
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

there is no dickering or dealing. its a guy i know who is selling two of his three bf pro reverbs to fund a $7k lp purchase. he can get "$3k each" through a mutual friend who has a shop. ive made plans to talk to our friend and play the three amps this weekend. two '66 and one '65. all basically original but one '66 has one non-original speaker which is of course the one i fell in love with when i played it

Comment

Post pictures next week of your New Amp Day
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

there is no dickering or dealing. its a guy i know who is selling two of his three bf pro reverbs to fund a $7k lp purchase. he can get "$3k each" through a mutual friend who has a shop. ive made plans to talk to our friend and play the three amps this weekend. two '66 and one '65. all basically original but one '66 has one non-original speaker which is of course the one i fell in love with when i played it
          Can you use the amp for a whole gig?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i could, yes. maybe ill do that. check em out tomorrow afternoon then gig the one i like best tomorrow night. no time to check em before tonights gig, but thats a good idea

Comment

By the time you make up your mind with this amp, it is going to be gone.

Comment

nah, im playing with the guy tonight and saw him yesterday. and if it did disappear, i could always track another one down if i really wanted it

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                  Numbers dont really mean a lot outside the context of an individuals personal financial situation and priorities. While very large numbers of people may see a particular product at a particular price in much the same way, some people are going to see that same product at the same price very differently. For example, some people are going to be happier than others at the thought of paying $2k for a Telecaster.
                  It all comes down to whether or not Jeremy thinks that it's worth it. I think that test giging it is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I still get sick feelings remembering things on my local CL that I hesitated on and then a day or two later they were gone forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

They were probably traps or fakes.
                      This is such a small market that you can often find steal-of-a-deals on stuff barely used at all, and even then they often sit on CL for quite awhile.
                      My 95 Dual was $750(listed at $900) in exc-condition. My 99 Tremoverb was $900(listed at $1000) near mint. 10m down the road I snagged a 2000 recto straight/slant 412 for $400 with very minor wear.

Recently passed on a USA 6505 listed at $500 in Urbana. One that really stung about 5yrs ago was a like-new VHT D120 listed at $1000. I was giving it some thought and was considering to offer $800 then it was gone. It was in a tiny town just south of Effingham IL. About 6 months ago on Terre Haute CL there was a 2009 jcm2000 with the black piping, one of the last of those to come off the line and the guy had reduced it to $750 in showroom condition. There's really just a very few guitar playing metal heads in this area so most of the stuff just goes back and forth between the same group. And those examples are all hot items that more people want. Some of the more obscure brands and models go for dirt cheap.

There has been several older Peavey heads like the OG Butcher and VTM stuff go for $200-$300.
                      I pass on good stuff all the time only because I can't give them the time they deserve and also don't want the burden $ of their routine maintenance.

Here's another that would be cool around $700-$800. jcm900 2100 (dual master volume)
                      https://terrehaute.craigslist.org/ms...369291868.html
                      Last edited by dave74; 09-11-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

just cut cable and daily starbucks and youll be alright

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                        http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Did ya buy the amp? Or at least try it?
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Iceman

Comment

i love fender reverb amps and a 66 deluxe reverb is my most used gig amp for the past many many years. i have the opportunity to play and buy a bf pro reverb, actually play a few and pick the one i prefer, but its $2800. seems a little steep but not unreasonable? the thing is, i doubt ill use it much. i want one.
                              Well, depending on the condition it is in (assuming you're talking vintage blackface), you could grab it as an investment and enjoy it while you own it.

It will undoubtedly gain value over time, as long as you take good care of it.

The other thing is, life is short. Don't pass up opportunities if you can legitimately take them.

Comment

i havent played it, there are still two i can check out. they are both 1966 and in good shape, one has swapped speakers but id be pulling them anyway and putting in webers or celestions. $2800 just seems steep, if it was $2200 i would have done it already. i have been pulling out some of my neglected amps which has been fun. forgot how much i like the vox with the tone tubby

Comment

Working...
                                X