X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the one I always remember
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I've had a couple of decent Crates mostly Vintage Clubs

My first real amp was a Crate CR60 combo that I thought was pretty good
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Crate - like almost every other company has some winners.

The Crate Club series are pretty decent as you mentioned. Crate's answer to the Peavey Classic revamp I believe. I'll take the Peavey anyway though.

The Blue Voodoo - the early ones, wouldn't mind having a 60 watt head (maybe an early 120 - NOT the later or 300)! Don't know what I'd do with it, still...

I actually have a CA30 Acoustic combo. Works pretty well.

The GX series...not the best, but not really bad. Decent and cheap.

Oh yeah - almost forgot! Crate RED Voodoo, the Smamy Hagar model. Played one one time. Active eq, very cool!
        I’d grab one of those BV 60 waters in a NY second.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

I grab that for $150
          I’m sure you can talk him down a little too
          It is a she and she knows what she has. The amp should go for $100 bucks more but it is a repair that was never picked up so she is already in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

It is a she and she knows what she has. The amp should go for $100 bucks more but it is a repair that was never picked up so she is already in the hole
            Are you gonna grab it?

Comment

I wish I could afford a Crate when I was a kid. My grandpa bought me my first amp at a pawn shop where he bought me my first guitar about 8 months earlier. I forget what the amp was but it had two knobs, a 4 or 6 inch speaker (I forget but it was small). It had this awesome black grill cloth that was as tight as and thick as cob webs tightly woven. The cabinet was aged and flimsy particle board that maybe was as thick as a clipboard. Crank both knobs and it distorted up a bit and fuzzed out. It sounded like it was about to blow up and probably was...lol. I thought it was great!
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                I wish I could afford a Crate when I was a kid. My grandpa bought me my first amp at a pawn shop where he bought me my first guitar about 8 months earlier. I forget what the amp was but it had two knobs, a 4 or 6 inch speaker (I forget but it was small). It had this awesome black grill cloth that was as tight as and thick as cob webs tightly woven. The cabinet was aged and flimsy particle board that maybe was as thick as a clipboard. Crank both knobs and it distorted up a bit and fuzzed out. It sounded like it was about to blow up and probably was...lol. I thought it was great!
                My first amp was an all plastic housed amp with a "4 speaker -I still like the way it sounds 4 decades later. I think it's a Teisco
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Are you gonna grab it?
                  I have a lot of stuff to do to the house but I just might grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have a lot of stuff to do to the house but I just might grab it.
                    Atta BOY!!!
                    I dying to hear it actually. I’m wondering just how much they may or may not have changed tonally from these early models to the late 80’s when I had a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                      Crate filled a niche for noobs just starting out on guitar (I had a G40C in the 80s), or the amp you brought out on the road while your expensive Marshall stayed safe at home.
                      I had a 2x8 crate with celestion speakers I sold recently, I think it was a G40C. It had true spring reverb and chorus, it was actually decent sounding amp and quite loud too. It was made in Missouri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

I had a 2x8 crate with celestion speakers I sold recently, I think it was a G40C. It had true spring reverb and chorus, it was actually decent sounding amp and quite loud too. It was made in Missouri.

That's the one. And I, in my infinite noobness, slathered on multiple BOSS pedals on top of the already crappy distortion for a tone that said, "BUZZ BUZZ".

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

That's the one. And I, in my infinite noobness, slathered on multiple BOSS pedals on top of the already crappy distortion for a tone that said, "BUZZ BUZZ".
                          Yeah the distorted tone was harsh to put it mildly. But the clean tone with the chorus and reverb was actually decent.

Comment

I have an old G212 that I used as a power amp/cab for my Rockmaster preamp/rack. It's fine for bedroom jams...

Comment

I've owned 2 of the flexwave 120w heads with all the built in effects, they were solid and sounded good enough for the generally scooped metal I was playing back then. Rather enjoyed them.

Then forumites talked me into the tube snobbery world I live in now.

I love both worlds, and have nothing bad to say about Crate amps.
                              https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
                              X