Ultimate mini head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate mini head?

This really caught my eye today. I'm not a mini guy but man this does a heckuva lot and runs a pair of el34, so at least some girth is surely there.

edit;yeah sorry it has el84 not el34
    Last edited by dave74; 09-11-2021, 12:49 PM.

I like my Picovalve. But that certainly does seem nice.

Comment

I am content with my ValveKing II 20 MH. It has EL84's in the power amp, but I am impressed with the low end that they can deliver.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
        Skippy said EL84. Same thing on the Engl site and Sweetwater. Cool amp.
        In this case they are correct, but never never ever trust the Sweetwater website for specs. Smart to check the Engl site because SW sucks at specs.

Comment

Well, how mini?

I'd put a Mesa MarkV 35 Watt EL84 up against anything

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

That head is over $1,800 new; the Engl is $400 less.
            Yeah, I didn't know price was in the equation -as the thread says "Ultimate"
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Just another marketing buzzword, stripped of its meaning through overuse. I take it with a couple teaspoons of salt and assume they mean pretty cool.
              It looks pretty cool for sure.

Comment

It does. That is a lot of useful stuff crammed into a little amp. If an amp has sounds that you like, whats wrong with having some features? I dont think people are complaining that Engls dont sound good. Same with Mesa, great tone, great features.
                Yep, Mesas always pack in a ton a features... not familiar with ENGL as much

Comment

That ENGL is a nice amp but in a way defeats the purpose for these lunchbox type heads. At full price after tax you are only a couple hundred dollars away from a new 100 watt Mesa Triple Crown. I could see if you have nothing providing you the features the ENGL offers then that is one thing. If you have those tools already then they have priced themselves out of the market for those players. The PRS MT-15 is amazing. The EVH 50 watt stealth is an absolute beast. The Revv amps that are similar to the ENGL are nice. The Suhr PT-15 is nice. So many wonderful choices. It is great to be a guitar player for sure. The ENGL on its own is pretty cool though for what it is. Sadly, it isn't a product for me because of all it offers and price. I would rather just have the plain amp in my case. YMMV
                  Last edited by Bogner; 09-12-2021, 07:52 AM.
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Yes. Looks like Mesa upped the price a few hundred since I bought mine. I see that happening with a lot of companies the last few weeks. Bogner is another one along with Friedman.
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I have this an H&K 18, but I want a Marshall 2525
                      Attached Files
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I hate the tones Fluff dials in these days: No bass, all stuffy mids.

I get it, big lows can step into the bass territory, but why go to that extreme?
                        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 09-12-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          I hate the tones Fluff dials in these days
                          I have yet to hear him dial in a good tone or play anything worth a second listen. YMMV

Comment

For that money, I don't think the Revvs can be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                              have yet to hear him dial in a good tone or play anything worth a second listen. YMMV
                              His demos are getting silly too. He plays like a 5 second track. I get it, it's a lot of work to put out a full-produced track, but come on!

Comment

Working...
                              X