No announcement yet.

Ultimate mini head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say the Peavey Classic 20 gets great cleans as expected but also has some great high gain tones. That little amp chugs and chugs well. Especially when you gain stage the gain and the boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
      That H&K is a nice little amp. In my experience, they have their own sound, and they dont take kindly to people putting pedals in front of them to try to turn them into something else. I used to have the Anniversary. I think I want to get a 20 now.

It is indeed its own thing. I dig it. As much as I'm a Marshall-sound guy, sometimes you want something different. I have a little Pro Jr. for Fender, and Marshall/Mesa for Marshall. This fits in the space between nicely.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        I will say the Peavey Classic 20 gets great cleans as expected but also has some great high gain tones. That little amp chugs and chugs well. Especially when you gain stage the gain and the boost.
        I'll take the Classic 30 - but yes, Classic 20 is excellent too. Played those things in shops all the time when they came out.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I run an Emery SuperBaby, which runs actual EL34, or KT88, or 6CA7, or 6551, or any octal you want. Sounds like the big amps at mini volume levels.

Last edited by beaubrummels; 09-13-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

^^^ Nice!
            That looks like the perfect pedal-platform amp.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              I run an Emery SuperBaby, which runs actual EL34, or KT88, or 6CA7, or 6551, or any octal you want. Sounds like the big amps at mini volume levels.

Why have I never heard of these before now?!?

Comment

Working...
              X