What is the smallest "power" amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the smallest "power" amp?

Interested in both physical size (small) and power (large).
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

May not be the "smallest" footprint wise, but it certainly has LOADS of features. https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.ph...interblock-45/

Then there's the Micro Block. https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.ph...microblock-45/

I think the EHX and Quilter stuff are the smallest, footprint wise, out there.

Comment

Mooer makes the Baby Bomb. http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/Baby-Bomb--54.html

Smallest I can find.

Comment

Oooo that is tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Ewizard View Post
            Mooer makes the Baby Bomb. http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/Baby-Bomb--54.html

Smallest I can find.
            OMG - Mooer makes one of those too!?!?!?!?!

Perfect!!!!!

Bruce - the EHX .44 was the first one I was thinking of. I was wondering if anything even smaller though. Apparently so!

Could I run a 4x12 off that???

Comment

Mooer Baby Bomb as mentioned, probably cleaner than the EHX ones too. Or, ISP Stealth if you want Watts per Square Inch, I have the 180W Stealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

OMG - Mooer makes one of those too!?!?!?!?!

Perfect!!!!!

Bruce - the EHX .44 was the first one I was thinking of. I was wondering if anything even smaller though. Apparently so!

Could I run a 4x12 off that???
                I've driven a 4x12 with a Vox Lil' Night Train. I'm sure the EHX will drive one as well.
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

this one is cooooool....
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

this one mounts inside your guitar and provides 2.5 watts to drive a speaker cab

https://www.guitarfetish.com/Onboard...nes_p_567.html

EHX makes a pedal sized 5mm (5 watt) and a 22 caliber (2.5 watt) power amps
                    Last edited by ehdwuld; 09-17-2021, 10:59 AM.
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

OK - that one is just silly

Comment

The only thing that worries me is I am assuming these pedals are class D. A 22-watt Fender Deluxe will get me above the drums. I do not know if a 20 - 44 watt class D amp will do the same.

Comment

Those little vox amps are probably the smallest I've seen:

They do (technically) power a cab:

:P
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            The only thing that worries me is I am assuming these pedals are class D. A 22-watt Fender Deluxe will get me above the drums. I do not know if a 20 - 44 watt class D amp will do the same.
                            I carry a Crate Powerblock as a back up. I've used a single side of it (75w Class D) and it can get me *well* above a loud drummer and bassist if I'm not careful with it.
                            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

thing is, with the smaller sizes, they aren't nearly as loud.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X