Crappy Solid State Amp Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Solid State Amp Repair?

Hey guys i havent posted here in a while, I know some of you work on pedals/amplifiers and most of you are smarter than me so I hope you guys can help me out.

so i have a ****ty 20w solid state combo amp that i was hoping to keep working but i noticed that the power cable is starting to fray(see pic 1) so i thought to myself (like a moron) just pull the amp out of its enclosure and electrical tape it bing bam boom problem solved! but then noticed that the cable is held in place by some weird plastic doo hickeys (see pic2) so i can't get the cable to move at all so I can't tape the ****er!

then i got to thinking (again i don't know why i let myself do that) why don't i while i have it out just convert it to a ****ty 20w mini head so i can put it through whatever cab i want? So how would I go about doing that? I'm assuming that I need to cut/solder the green, white, and black wire to a port of some sort? Also I would need to build a top, sides and bottom to it. and I need to install a speaker output jack where the clips are. All in all, is it possible? Is it worth it? should i just say **** it and put it back together and hope the cable dont rip more? (pics 3-7 for more info)

also to note: the amp was bought from a pawn shop in 2011 for $50 so the only value it holds is sentimental.

TL;DR: I wanna fix the amp, might have ****ed it up worse.

​​​ ​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	6116511

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	6116512

​​​​​​​
    Last edited by dazedandconfused001; 10-02-2021, 10:04 PM. Reason: pic 6&7
    [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
    And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...
Working...
X