attenuator as a lead boost ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attenuator as a lead boost ???

Didi anybody try this? Pros/Cons problems ?
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

I guess a Fryette PS could do that. One channel for riffs and the other setup for leads. That is more than an attenuator though.

Comment

Tone King Ironman II has a solo feature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

theres a few that are footswitchable so you can have your attenuated signal as rhythm then turn off the attenuation for a louder but similar tone

Comment

An expensive way to boost. YMMV
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

i agree with that, though there is few things that i think sound as awesome and a cranked amp

Comment

I wouldn't do it that way, you'd be gassing your tubes and components extra hard for an amp audio level gain that could be accomplished more efficiently at the low voltage stage with a pedal.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

So, I tried it last night at the band rehearsal. Wow !!!! Had made my old Mass Lite 100 footswitchable. I dont think i am going back, ever to any EQ/Clean Boost/OD/Volume stomps/racks in front or in the loop. I got what i was always looking for - the tone i want - just lauder with out any changes to it. NagativeEase I ran Laney AOR 50, its very loud. So, MV at 4, PreAmp a bit past 9. Mass shaves off just a little bit for rhythm playing, i dont think that drives tubes and components too hard.
                Active Duty Rig:
                MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
                Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

it drives the tubes and things just as hard as it would without attenuation. mv on 4 isnt gonna cook anything. i ran my old amp on 8 for all three shows this weekend and it was fine

Comment

Why not a clean boost pedal?

Comment

if your amp is turned up to the point its distorting, adding a clean boost will mostly just add gain, not volume. if the amp was clean, then yes, a boost could work fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X