Line 6 vetta equivalent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 vetta equivalent?

I used to have a vetta combo years ago. It quit working, so I moved on. What I really liked was the 2 amps at once feature.

I’m curious if any of their pods ever incorporated that, or if that was unique only to the vetta. Anyone know?

btw, I’m in the budget range for used pod-type stuff, not a helix or profiler or anything like that.

Well as best as I could I’ve scoured manuals, etc. I think the short answer is none of them. I think that was unique to the vetta. And now the helix, but I ain’t got that kinda scratch.

Comment

It has been a standard in Line 6 since the POD HD line. Their only recent product not able to do it is the POD Go processor.
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

My GT-8 does it, either in stereo or as different "channels" within a patch.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. After more digging, looks like the pod x3 does dual amps, then the hd series too as mentioned.

for inexpensive (comparatively) on the used market, looks like x3 is the most budget-friendly.

Comment

The X3 may be more budget friendly, but the HD has far better modelling, both in amps and effects. At least over here the second hand prices really don't justify going for the older X3.
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
              The X3 may be more budget friendly, but the HD has far better modelling, both in amps and effects. At least over here the second hand prices really don't justify going for the older X3.
              Yeah, here in the states it seems like the price diff between both those isn’t vast.

however, I just bought a used xt. It was so low that I had to get it. The shipping was literally more than the cost for the pod. It’ll scratch my itch for some of the models I miss from my vetta.

but I do thank you for your reply and advice. if the urge to still get one with a dual mode strikes again, I probably will go for an HD over an x3. And knowing myself… I’m sure it will eventually

Comment

Have fun with it! I did, when I had mine.

Comment

I've been doing a ton of research on this actually because I want the same thing! Helix, Boss GT, Headrush, Zoom can all do it. You can also use a Boss Line Selector to blend two signal chains with two PODs or two preamp pedals.

Another way to do it in theory, which I haven't done but plan to test soonish, is to run the guitar into a mixer before the amp and then have a POD or preamp or other modeler in the Insert or Send/Return of the mixer. So you have your primary amp tone going on, then you use the Send/return function to blend in the POD's tone.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                  http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                    I've been doing a ton of research on this actually because I want the same thing! Helix, Boss GT, Headrush, Zoom can all do it. You can also use a Boss Line Selector to blend two signal chains with two PODs or two preamp pedals.

Another way to do it in theory, which I haven't done but plan to test soonish, is to run the guitar into a mixer before the amp and then have a POD or preamp or other modeler in the Insert or Send/Return of the mixer. So you have your primary amp tone going on, then you use the Send/return function to blend in the POD's tone.
                    Hmmm…. Not bad suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by pskorz View Post

Hmmm…. Not bad suggestions.
                      This might be of use to you: https://line6.com/timeline/

It lists all of Line 6's products in chronological order.

I'm seriously tempted to pick up a POD X3 just to do dual amps. They're under $100 on ebay.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

This might be of use to you: https://line6.com/timeline/

It lists all of Line 6's products in chronological order.

I'm seriously tempted to pick up a POD X3 just to do dual amps. They're under $100 on ebay.
                        nice, thanks.
                        Maybe it’s all about timing… seems like a couple weeks ago everyone was asking $150 and we’ll over for the x3’s. But the blending of different amps seemed to always produce a better, more complex result than the singles.

Comment

Working...
                        X