New, used Carlsbro acoustic amp deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, used Carlsbro acoustic amp deal!

Even though I am BANKRUPT, I had promised to buy an amp from a friend, if he held it for me until I got my welfare check...

It's one of these, I'm paying about 40% of the new price on that site. Very nicely used.

World famous The Guitar Store Southampton has been serving musicians, hobbyists and families since 1987. We are an independent music shop and we pride ourselves on personal, intuitive and helpful service.

I will pick it up on wednesday or thursday. I figured; that with blown tubes in my Blackstar, it would be awesome with a backup amp.

I have used the amp for practices (the seller is a musicial colleguae) and it was beautiful, especially the built-in compressor, and built in FX was very nice for acoustic use.

..for electric, i got my EHX Allied Overdrive, for more/or less transistor preamp grit and EQ.

I will post back after a good test, with a review.

-Erl
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

... now I "need" a DOD Death Metal infront, for those really BLACK black metal tones.

(one of the fuzz settings on my Zoom multi effect sounds extremely "black" too. Maybe a bit too much. Burzum-ish by far)

Just hope the seller won't regret this, and ...well...

..I will let him borrow it on any occasion.
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I use acoustic amps with my electric modeling rig on occasion. I think I get a pretty good array of sounds. I'll use a SWR California Blonde or Strawberry Blonde with my GT-8 set up as if it were feeding a PA.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I am planning to try (and hopefully use it sucessfully) as a PC speaker stereo;

it has RCA line inputs, and my "altec lansing" 2.1 system with 1" mid/treble speakers and a woofy 6" sub, doesn't really cut the cake.

I will find a good use for it. Its almost not used , either... as new!

Comment

Going to write a detalied review after testing it, getting it tomorrow.

Comment

Can't say much yet-

Apart that I connected my PC to it, trough the RCA input.

After mounting a piece of cotton cloth inside the speaker front, (to tame some of its "in your face to beat you up presence"

It sounds great!! While now listening to Motorhead on Youtube

Will report back on how it sounds , with my Zoom multi-effects, the EHX Allied Overdrive, and clean...

after I am done drinking wine and listening to rock n roll!

-Erl \m/

Comment

I think the presence might be because it has never been used. Speakers arent broken in!

Comment

Or to make your guitar heard in the back row, of an audience.

(I keep it right next to me.)

Comment

It's a world of difference from my old PC speakers

Finally I can listen to music with happiness .

Comment

acoustic amps are usually much more full frequency than an electric guitar amps so im not surprised its bright. two 8" and a tweeter is going to be bright. take care not to blow the tweeter since these amps are really meant to handle distortion

Comment

Are? Aren't`?

:/ All I know, is that I blew something (prob. power tube(s) -in my Blackstar HT-20mkII

So now the Carlsbro is all I have that works, and- I won' turn it up too loud.

The EQ has a "Brilliance" knob, which I think is the very highs. Also, parametric midrange! I think it will sound great with electric, with the EHX Allied Overdrive between.

(/Going to play solo guitar this weekend!)

-E

Comment

Working...
                      X