Boss Waza amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Waza amps?

Anyone use one of these? How are they different than the Katanas? They're certainly priced a lot higher.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

They are analog, not digital. Supposed to sound great, but yeah, the price seems a little steep for SS although I'm sure they sound great, and do in any of the vids I've seen, but there aren't a lot out there.

Comment

I have a Katana 50w re-housed in a closed-back enclosure with an Eminence GB12 speaker and it's very good.
      Would like to try the Waza 75w for a month, to compare to my existing tube rig.
      If Fender can make a modeler/SS (Tonemaster) sound like 95% of the tube counterpart (Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb) I don't see why Boss can not do something good too.

Comment

My friend has one, it's stellar -it has a distinct speaker voicing, Katanas have a neutral voicing.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Thats big-girl amp money. Whats it sound like?
          Well, the last gig we did -it had something like that brilliant Silvertone 1484 tone going -but I believe it's pretty versatile
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Does it handle pedals well? (rhetorical)

Comment

Working...
            X