Peavey ValveKing Combos.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey ValveKing Combos.....

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Interested in a relatively cheap tube combo. I'm planning on getting the 40W XXX 112 combo, but I just saw this so i figured I might as well ask. I'll be using tbis amp for basically all dirty stuff, not oncerned about jazzy/bluesy stuff. I play an LP with an 81, so I'm basically just looking for Metallica type distortion. (old metallica). What kind of music is this amp made for? I love the XXX tone, but i noticed this is only 560 for a 100W 212, as opposed to the XXX only being a 40W 112. Should I consider the Valveking, or should I just stick with the XXX? (assuming the 40w will bel oud enough to jam with friends)

Re: Peavey ValveKing Combos.....

40 watts will be loud enough to jam with your buds!

The valveking has good distortion, the XXX has better (also more) distortion.
    You can get some pretty good metal tones out of the valveking, and you definetly could get some great tones with a good OD pedal (I use the Wylde Overdrive with my ValveKing it works great)

I think you could get better metallica tones straight out of the amp with the XXX, but they're both good amps.

Rock On ~ Kac
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

hmmm, the thing is the, the 40W XXX combo (the efx model) is on sale for 499 right now. i have no idea why, but thats 450 bucks cheaper than anywhere else. i love the xxx, but he valveking is only 60 more for the full 212, so i kinda feel like if im oging to spend the money i might as well get the bigger one.

Comment

I do feel that you could get by with the 40watt 1X12, but if I was using that in a band environment I would want a cabinet at least 2X12, so you might wanna go with the valveKing and grab yourself a nice OD pedal...

I think the XXX comes with a footswitch and the VK doesn't, just FYI

Rock on ~ Kac
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

HAHA Kac, thanks for informing him of the footswitch thing... he could stumble into disappointment like me!

I'd go with the xxx if I had the money, but the valveking sounds great. I just got mine.
          Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
          Peavey Valve King 1x12
          Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Working...
          X