No announcement yet.

What Amp Surprised You the Most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Randall RG1503-212 surprised me twice. First, it weighs about seven thousand pounds. Second, when I got it home, away from the background noise of the store, I discovered it has an always-on cooling fan. Still, it is less of an issue when I have the Throttle Box EQ plugged in and am going after teh thrashez.
    Turn that frown upside down. You are among friends here.

Comment

Boss Katana 50, my current amp. I'd heard about its versatility for the price point, but nothing prepared me for everything I could do with it via Tone Studio. I had also heard a lot about its dirty channels sounding too digital, but I didn't find that the case at all. Plenty of good tones to be had on the Brown channel.

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
        Mesa Triple Crown. I kind of knew what I was getting into this with this amp, but the lead tone caught me off guard.
        Yep. I have a T.C 100, phenomenal amp in my opinion. Played it at the store as more of a time killing thing and it went out the door with me. It has only gotten better since then.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post

Yep. I have a T.C 100, phenomenal amp in my opinion. Played it at the store as more of a time killing thing and it went out the door with me. It has only gotten better since then.
          Some people love to bag on this amp and I can't for the life of me understand why. Each time I play it I like it even more. I love all of my amps but this is one that continues to grow on me every time I plug into it. The sounds, the features, I absolutely love it!
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Some people love to bag on this amp and I can't for the life of me understand why. Each time I play it I like it even more. I love all of my amps but this is one that continues to grow on me every time I plug into it. The sounds, the features, I absolutely love it!
            Yep, it can go in a lot of directions sound wise and do them all well.

Comment

my Traynor YCS50 1x12 combo. great tone, sounds much bigger than a 1x12. 15 watt setting, you can push it hard and it's still way loud.

Comment

Working...
              X