banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound insulation/foam for closed-back combo amplifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound insulation/foam for closed-back combo amplifier?

Hello everyone,

I am the proud owner of a Carlsbro Sherwood R60 closed-back combo amplifier,

2x8", made for acoustic guitar/mic/monitor purposes.

It is a closed back design, no port- and completely lacks any insulation/dampening foam inside.

Because of this, it is very woofy at 500hz, and would greatly benefit from some dampening.

I found a good deal on raw sheeps wool- would this be a good choice?

Thanks,

-Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Not sure if you would like the wooly tone that would be achieved by your initial plan. :P

Raw sheeps wool is an organic product (dirty, bugs, etc.) and will actually go bad/rancid in about a year. I wouldn't use that inside a guitar cab. Heavy rock wool/roxul insulation works great for sound dampening and is pretty cheap - I'd look at something along those lines.
    Last edited by GuitarStv; 11-05-2021, 07:40 AM.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Regular foam, a small pillow, even an old T shirt bunched up
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        Not sure if you would like the wooly tone that would be achieved by your initial plan. :P
        I am sorry, but that was pure awesome....

Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

EQ pedal.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X