banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Cab: Thoughts on this one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mesa Cab: Thoughts on this one?

    I'm always looking for a great deal on a Marshall 4x12A but...


    https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg...402869225.html
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  • #2
    I always thought MESA Cabs and heads were more visually pleasing than Marshall.


    | Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

    Comment


    • #3
      The Mesa cabs I have encountered were all really well made. I dont know those speakers. What do you think of those impact-resistant metal grilles? (Did Randall copy that?)
      Turn that frown upside down. You are among friends here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Any idea what those Eminence are? My Road King blends the C90 and V30, it’s got the sparkle of the C90 with the midrange push of the V30. I bet it’s a great sounding cab regardless.
        Oh no.....


        Oh Yeah!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          I'm always looking for a great deal on a Marshall 4x12A but...


          https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg...402869225.html
          I have that cab, Mesa 90s in the top are cool, the Eminences in the bottom are way way way too bright for me and can be a front row audience punisher which you the artist wont hear on stage unless you stage more than 15 ft away out front.

          I'm not a fan of metal grill cabs in general -noisy for recording and don't protect against the most likely danger to your speakers at a show -beer and water.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            I'm not a fan of metal grill cabs in general -noisy for recording and don't protect against the most likely danger to your speakers at a show -beer and water.
            At least they wont get torn and look ratty. You know, road-rugged and tour-ready for years of flawless performances etc.
            Turn that frown upside down. You are among friends here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post

              At least they wont get torn and look ratty. You know, road-rugged and tour-ready for years of flawless performances etc.
              Sure, no doubt on that. But thats the point of an amp road case if you're touring.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

                I have that cab, Mesa 90s in the top are cool, the Eminences in the bottom are way way way too bright for me and can be a front row audience punisher which you the artist wont hear on stage unless you stage more than 15 ft away out front.

                I'm not a fan of metal grill cabs in general -noisy for recording and don't protect against the most likely danger to your speakers at a show -beer and water.
                Bright is no bueno. The Stiletto can rip your head off as is...
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                Comment


                • #9
                  What about the price? Speakers can be changed....
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great cab no doubt, but IMO (for the Stiletto especially) you'd be better with a traditional-size full closed-back with the mesa V30s. (aka stiletto cab)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      What about the price? Speakers can be changed....
                      I got mine last year for 200, but the one you post looks to be in better condition.

                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                        Great cab no doubt, but IMO (for the Stiletto especially) you'd be better with a traditional-size full closed-back with the mesa V30s. (aka stiletto cab)
                        What then, is the Marshall Cab you would suggest?

                        Again - I don't NEED a 4x12 cab, but it would be nice to have. And the Stiletto, is Mesa's Marshall, so to speak.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am not sure about the market down there but up here Marshall B cabs are impossible to find a deal on. However, Marshall slanted cabs are everywhere and cheap especially if they are empty. I got my Marshall JCM2000 and the JMC 900 cab (loaded with speakers) for $650.

                          I would look for an empty slanted cab and load it to your liking.


                          | Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's a great looking cab. I say do it, and worry about speakers later.
                            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If you dont dig the speakers, you can probably get decent money for them and put it towards something more to your liking. Maybe Mesa V30s for that Stiletto.
                              Turn that frown upside down. You are among friends here.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X