X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by vmbarrera View Post
    There's a Mesa 2x12 in the guitar center used section right now. It isn't too expensive.
    There is a Recto 2x12 in Gainesville - I could even make a day trip and p[ick it up. But $699

Pass...

Leave a comment:

• vmbarrera
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Really want a Mesa 2x12 to pair with my Marshall 2X12...but Mesa 2x12 are crazy expensive and rare.

And like I said - the Marshall cab angled is really what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd ever take a 4x12 to a gig.
    There's a Mesa 2x12 in the guitar center used section right now. It isn't too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I was in the pawnshop today they had a Carvin 4x12 with the metal grill for $150

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Here's a good deal, and maybe they still ship cheaper to a store near you.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    I so don't need a 4x12...
    i so didnt need a vintage pro reverb, but here it sits

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    This 2x12 cabinet is expensive for what you are asking -but just thought I would post for anyone scrolling this for ideas

The new Traynor DHX212 https://traynoramps.com/product/dhx212/

Selectable open/closed back on each cavity -and sounds amazing

Only available new loaded Greenbacks right now.
    Cool cab indeed. Ace's stiletto might rip it a new one, but that would be great for a home music room setup.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    This 2x12 cabinet is expensive for what you are asking -but just thought I would post for anyone scrolling this for ideas

The new Traynor DHX212 https://traynoramps.com/product/dhx212/

Selectable open/closed back on each cavity -and sounds amazing

Only available new loaded Greenbacks right now.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I so don't need a 4x12...

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    And get a Randall 4x12....

Leave a comment:

• PS412
    replied
    Buy.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Good cab for a fair price. Man up and get it and rock it at a show and let us know how it sounds.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Ace, I think you could take a 4x12 to a Hollywood Blvd. show, as long as it is a Marshall. Remember that people pining for those days want to see a Marshall that sounds like a Soldano, so maybe run your Riot into your head.
    The Stiletto has enough Juice to do that. That's why I play the Tight Gain channel and not crunch. Fluid Gain takes you to classic Mesa tone. Handy for the odd Night Ranger tune....

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    If you need a 4x12, that's a well built one for not too bad a price.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Everything has just skyrocketed in price. My 212 is from 08 or 09 when they were like $575 brand new, and since it had a couple tiny scuffs and had been used as the shop demo unit he let me have it for $500 even. Can't even get them well-used for that much anymore. heck my 2000 recto-412 slant-baffle straight-shell was $400 used and only 10 miles down the road. Got lucky on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by dave74 View Post
    Oh yeah Ace you are right-on with wanting the recto-212. That cab will really match well with a stiletto head. It won't sound as wide a 412 but the mids and highs are really full and warmer.
    Of course I am...

Unfortunately I am also a cheap mofo too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X