Mesa Cab: Thoughts on this one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

1960av, but they aren't quite as full in the mids and rounded on the upper-highs as the stiletto cabs, which are exceptionally full and rich.
    I've never had a stiletto head, but most accounts of them by owners are that they are naturally very bright, some even say they can easily get raspy with the bigger recto cabs.
    I have never ran the treble above 5. Usually not at 5. See - that Marshall cab sounds like it would be ideal...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Really want a Mesa 2x12 to pair with my Marshall 2X12...but Mesa 2x12 are crazy expensive and rare.

And like I said - the Marshall cab angled is really what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd ever take a 4x12 to a gig.
      Yep. CRAZY expensive!
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Oh yeah Ace you are right-on with wanting the recto-212. That cab will really match well with a stiletto head. It won't sound as wide a 412 but the mids and highs are really full and warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
          Oh yeah Ace you are right-on with wanting the recto-212. That cab will really match well with a stiletto head. It won't sound as wide a 412 but the mids and highs are really full and warmer.
          Of course I am...

Unfortunately I am also a cheap mofo too.

Comment

Everything has just skyrocketed in price. My 212 is from 08 or 09 when they were like $575 brand new, and since it had a couple tiny scuffs and had been used as the shop demo unit he let me have it for $500 even. Can't even get them well-used for that much anymore. heck my 2000 recto-412 slant-baffle straight-shell was $400 used and only 10 miles down the road. Got lucky on that one.

Comment

If you need a 4x12, that's a well built one for not too bad a price.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Ace, I think you could take a 4x12 to a Hollywood Blvd. show, as long as it is a Marshall. Remember that people pining for those days want to see a Marshall that sounds like a Soldano, so maybe run your Riot into your head.
                The Stiletto has enough Juice to do that. That's why I play the Tight Gain channel and not crunch. Fluid Gain takes you to classic Mesa tone. Handy for the odd Night Ranger tune....

Comment

Good cab for a fair price. Man up and get it and rock it at a show and let us know how it sounds.
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Buy.

Comment

And get a Randall 4x12....

Comment

I so don't need a 4x12...

Comment

This 2x12 cabinet is expensive for what you are asking -but just thought I would post for anyone scrolling this for ideas

The new Traynor DHX212 https://traynoramps.com/product/dhx212/

Selectable open/closed back on each cavity -and sounds amazing

Only available new loaded Greenbacks right now.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                            This 2x12 cabinet is expensive for what you are asking -but just thought I would post for anyone scrolling this for ideas

The new Traynor DHX212 https://traynoramps.com/product/dhx212/

Selectable open/closed back on each cavity -and sounds amazing

Only available new loaded Greenbacks right now.
                            Cool cab indeed. Ace's stiletto might rip it a new one, but that would be great for a home music room setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              I so don't need a 4x12...
                              i so didnt need a vintage pro reverb, but here it sits

Comment

Here's a good deal, and maybe they still ship cheaper to a store near you.

Comment

Working...
                                X